Fairy Dust

The ginger boy looked up when he heard a crash on the other side of the table. He was new and sitting alone. Well... until she came along.

    She was one of the stronger inmates of the asylum. People listened to her, obeyed her. She  was also one of the more dangerous characters there. She was there for killing at least 13 people, and another 5 that she killed in the asylum.

     She looked at the boy with furrowed eyebrows as she studied his face. He had to be him. The ginger hair, the youthful glow, the look of freedom written all over his face.

     "How old are you?" She asked. He looked at her with curiosity before answering. "Eighteen..." She continued to study him before she brought her head back up from its tilted position. "How long have you been eighteen?"

     He looked at her as if she was naked. He began to look around to see if this was a prank. "A couple months now." She nodded. "Where are you from?"

     "Nowhere specific," he said. "Where were you born?" She asked. He shrugged. "Wish I knew." He looked to the side and saw a man in a suit watching them both.

     She stared at him with amazement. This had to be him! There was no way it wasn't! She knew he would come for her. Everybody told her that she was just crazy, but she was gonna prove them wrong.

     "Do you have any fairy dust with you?" She asked. He scrunched his face up in confusion. "Excuse me?" She rolled her eyes. "Fairy dust! Ya know, the stuff that makes you fly." He stared at her for a moment. "Are you asking me if I have cocaine?"

     She gasped in horror. "I would never ruin my perfectly good body with that retched drug." He raised an eyebrow at her. "Then what are you looking for?"

She groaned. "You don't have to act dumb! I know who you are and what you can do," she confessed. He leaned onto the table. "Who do you think I am?" He asked. "Peter Pan, Of course."

All of a sudden, the boy began laughing. She looked at him with confusion. "What!" She began to shout. "It's... it's just that," he managed to somehow get out through his laughter. "What!" She shouted even louder this time. He continued to laugh. "I'm not Peter Pan!" He shouted, laughing once again.

She sat back and shook her head. "Well, sure you are. I mean, you have the ginger hair, you're young, you don't know where you were born, and you're free, just like him." He stopped laughing and studied her. "You really think I'm him?" He asked. She nodded. "Who else could you be?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "Jerome Valeska." She stared at him before shaking her head. "No, you're Peter Pan. I can tell." He stared at her before shrugging.

"So," She began, resting her arms on the table. "Why have you come back to the real world, Peter?" He sighed. "Let's get a few things straight. I am not-" he stopped once he looked at her face. She had a look of pure hope and excitement on her face. He could tell that she believed he was actually the boy made up to get children to sleep at night, and, for some reason, he couldn't bare to ruin her mood.

"I don't want people knowing that I'm here," he lied. She began to bounce up and down. "I knew it! I knew you were him!" He smiled at her. "Well, here, on Earth I mean, I go by the name Jerome Valeska. I don't want people coming up to me and begging to go to Neverland, because I only take special people with me back to Neverland."

She continued to stare at him in awe. "Could I go to Neverland with you?" He stared at her, not knowing if he wanted to get her hopes up. He never once was able to see himself with anybody in the future, but he could already feel a connection between the two. He wanted to create a Neverland with her where they both could stay young forever and be with each other for eternity.

He pinched her nose, causing her to giggle. "Maybe. But I don't know if I'm going to go back," he continued. He knew that this could possibly harm them both in the long run, but he wasn't thinking about that. No, he was living in the moment. She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head. "Why are you here, Peter-erhm, I mean Jerome?"

He stopped to think for a moment. What to say? What to say? He perked up with an idea. "I have come for love." She giggled. "But Peter, I thought you couldn't feel love." Jerome stiffened at this. He was always told he wasn't capable of feeling love, but this was different. She wasn't saying this to insult him, she was saying this because she believed everything she heard in a dumb children's book.

He looked her in the eyes and very seriously whispered so only she could hear, "Everybody is capable of feeling love, it's just that only some are capable of acting on it." She stared at him with amazement. "Why would you leave Neverland for love? Love can cause so much more pain than it can when you don't have it."

He grabbed her hand and smiled. "After all the years I've spent alone, I think that I deserve a little love." She couldn't deny the attraction she felt for the boy, but she couldn't. What about Wendy?

The smiled dropped off of her face and she brought her hands into her lap, looking at them. "What about Wendy?" She asked. The boy stared at her before answering. "Wendy left me because she didn't love me the way I did her, so, I am here to find a new Wendy." She looked up at him with hope.

"I've always wanted to be Wendy," she confessed. He snorted before shaking his head. "Darling, You can't be Wendy!" He exclaimed. She looked at him with sadness. She knew it. She was not worthy enough to be Wendy. She wasn't worthy enough for anything. But the boy crushes her doubt with a simple sentence. "For you and I are in love the way me and Wendy never could be."