Welcoming Back The Past

You sat in the back of the bus, alone. Nobody ever really talked to you. They haven't in months. The only reason you were on the cheer team was because you were trying to get people to talk to you, but it didn't really change anything. You would have had better luck being the mascot. At least then you could cover your face.

You weren't paying attention, so you fell forward when the bus came to a sharp stop. It took a second for you took collect yourself and to push yourself back up onto your seat. You tried to look at what was happening, but you couldn't see with all of the cheerleaders blocking your view.

You sat down and decided to ignore it. It was probably just a cat. You jumped when you heard a knock on the door and then everybody on the bus started screaming. You looked at the front of the bus just in time to hear a gunshot and then the bus driver collapse in his seat.

You stared in shock. What the hell was going on? Your jaw almost hit the floor as you saw a head of red hair climb onto the bus.

No.

You stared in horror as Jerome Valeska himself, stepped into the aisle, his signature smile haunting his lips. He stood there as a man began to handcuff everybody to the seat. You decided to keep your face down so nobody would recognize you.

When the man came up and began to put the handcuffs on you, he looked up to your face. Since he was kneeling down, he could actually see it unlike if he was standing. You saw him smirk at you and you looked away.

Greenwood.

"Oh this is gonna be interesting," he snickered before walking away. You listened to his footsteps trail away as Jerome began to speak.

"I want you all to know, this was a very difficult decision for us. It was between you and a senior citizen bingo party. In the end, we decided to skew a little bit younger. Youth won the day! Sorry," he said. You could hear him walking up and down the aisle. You kept your head down so he wouldn't recognize you.

You heard a loud noise and the bus begin to shake. You could only guess that he had jumped. "Give me an O!" He said as if he was a cheerleader. You listened to the wails of your teammates, but nobody shouting back to his demands.

Suddenly, there was a gunshot that ran throughout the bus. "I said, give me an O!" He said with more force. The cheerleaders all began to cry out, "O!"

"Give me a N!" He instructed. The cheerleaders all followed his instructions, knowing what he would do if they disobeyed him again. "Give me another O!" He shouted.

"O!" They cried. "What does that spell?" He asked. You heard somebody walk onto the bus. "Oh no!" He said along with them. You finally looked up and saw he was about to spray everybody with a hose that was filled with god knows what.

"Wait!" You heard somebody shout. You looked to the person who caused the interruption and saw that it was Daisy, one of the best girls on the squad.

"What is it?" You heard Jerome ask. You saw that he did not look very happy about the interruption. "You went to Arkham, right?" She asked. What was she doing....

He clapped with his gun still in hand. "Very good! But don't expect to live just for knowing the obvious." She shook her head furiously.

"No, it's not that! We have somebody on our team: a girl. She went to Arkham! Just got out about a month ago!" She confessed. No! She couldn't do this!

You saw him raise his eyebrows in interest. "And where is this girl you speak of?" He asked. Suddenly, everybody turned to look at you. You put your head down so nobody could see your face.

Your heart began to race as you heard his footsteps begin to get closer and closer to you. You kept your head down even as his shoes entered your line of vision. "Look at me," he ordered.

Once you heard his words, something in you snapped. The old you came back. The one that was sent to Arkham for the murder of three people. The girl who murdered her parents and her sister. The girl that struck fear into everybody's heart. You decided that the good girl act was up. It was time for you to put your dolls down and it was time for you to put your big girl panties on. You weren't going to let anybody control you anymore.

You looked up to Jerome and smiled evilly. "Miss me, J?" You asked. He looked at you with shock before his smile grew back on his face. "Doll..." You held your hands out in jazz hands the best you could. "The one and only."

"Hey! Can you do me a favor and undo these handcuffs? They're annoying me. Makes me feel like I'm back at Arkham," you said. He nodded and took your cuffs off. You rubbed your wrists before standing.

You looked up to J and smiled. He smiled back at you with awe and admiration in his eyes. You wrapped your arms around him, causing him to do the same.

"I did miss ya," he confessed. You snuggled into his embrace. "I missed ya, too, J. Now, let's go! Can't let nasty old Gordon throw us back in the looney bin, now can we?" You asked, pulling away.

He looked at you and shook his head. "No, we can not." You motioned to the hose, smirking. "Why don't you finish this up while I go get in the truck." He nodded and began spraying the team.

You walked off of the bus, smiling as you heard the screams of the cheerleaders. You walked to the truck and waited for the ginger.

Once he stepped off, he took a lighter out and lit the bus aflame. He walked over to you and took you into his arms. "I really have missed you, doll," he confessed. You smiled up to him. "As did I, my ginger knight."

He smiled down at you before locking lips with you. You melted into his touch. His lips were as soft as clouds and tasted like candy. He pulled away and kept your foreheads connected.

"I've waited a long time to do that."

————————————————————————

This next part is going to be an alternate ending to the imagine. It's gonna be sad, but I was torn between theses two and I decided to just do both🤷‍♀️ anyway, tell me what you thought!

-Alice

——————————————————————

"Why don't you finish this up while I go get in the truck." He nodded and began spraying the team.

You walked off of the bus and waited by the door until some of the liquid, which you discovered was gas, began to pour out of the bus. You pulled out the lighter that you took out of his pocket while you were hugging.

You looked at him through the window as he continued to spray everybody. "Sorry, Jerome," You began to say to yourself. "But I can't go back to that lifestyle. This is the new me, and nobody is taking that away from me. Not even you."

You looked at him one more time before you lit the lighter, and threw it onto the bus. You walked backwards as you watched the bus go up in flames. The screeches of the cheerleaders could be heard from miles away, but that wasn't the noise that would haunt you for the rest of your life. It wasn't even the sizzling of their skin.

No, it was the sound of Jerome's laughter that echoed out of the bus, and burned into your brain, infesting itself there for the rest of your days.