No Happy Ending

!Trigger Warning!
Demeaning, talks of abortion

"What the fuck do you mean you're pregnant!" You stared into the face of hate itself. You had always known that you would see that face pop up one day, but you never expected it to be the same face as the one your lover wore. "I mean that I'm growing our baby inside of me, Jerome," you said. You tried to grab his hand, but he pushed yours away.

"Don't put this on me!" He shouted. "I'm not the one that's stupid enough to get pregnant!" You felt tears burn your eyes, but you wouldn't let him talk to you like this. Especially when he was part of it. "I'm not the one that's stupid enough to not use a condom!" You shouted.

He shook his head and chuckled. He put his hands on your waist and brought you in. "It doesn't matter. All you have to do is go down to the clinic and-" You pushed him away and looked at him in disgust. "You want me to abort our baby?" You asked.

He raised an eyebrow. "It's not a baby yet," he said. You completely pulled away from him. "I don't want to abort it, Jerome! We made this! I want to keep it to show the world!" You exclaimed. He scoffed. "Show the world what? That you're a dumb whore that opened up her legs for a murderer? Yeah, that's something you should be flaunting off."

Your throat was on fire from how much you were holding back your sobs and tears. "Why are you being so mean?" You cried. He laughed and bent down so he was in your face. "Mean? I'm only telling you the truth. What? Did you actually think I had feelings for you?" You stared at him with wide eyes, making him laugh even harder. He backed up, leaning over from how hard he was laughing.

"You did! Wow! I thought there was at least some brain in that dumb little head of yours. Guess I was wrong." He shrugged. You pointed to the door. "If you don't love me, then get out," you said. He stopped and raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?" He asked. "Did I fucking whisper!? Get the hell out! I don't need you here!" You shouted.

You both stood your ground, neither one backing down. Finally, his body relaxed and he shrugged again. "Fine. I'll just find another street corner slut." He reached the door, then stopped. "Actually, why don't you leave? I don't have to listen to you."

You rolled your eyes. "Stop acting like a child and leave," you ordered. He chuckled. "I'm the one acting like a child? You want to keep a baby that you're not fit to raise! What is it gonna do with a mom that's a wanted criminal? Go to school? Get a job? No! It's going to hate you!" He shouted in your face.

You grabbed one of Jerome's guns that he lays around and pointed at his head. You put the barrel to his head and clicked the safety off. "Get. The fuck. Out," you said through gritted teeth. "Shoot me, Doll. You won't. You want to know why? Because you still love me. Even though I don't love you, or your slimy baby, back," he spat.

You stared at him before shooting the gun next to Jerome. He stared at the bullet hole in the wall in shock. "You're right about one thing. I'm not going to kill you, but only because you're the scumbag my baby will be forced to call dad. Now, get the hell out of my house before I call the cops," you said. He turned to you with a deadly glare. "You think the cops will help you? You're still a criminal, gorgeous."

     You shook your head, still pointing the gun at Jerome. "Not anymore, I'm not. And don't call me that. I'll say it one more time. Get the fuck out!" You shouted. He stalked up to you and pushed your hands, knocking the gun out. "You're going to threaten me? I'm all you have! You wouldn't be anything more than a stain of blood in an alley if it wasn't for me!" He shouted.

     You leaned up so you were in his face for a change. "I'd rather be a stain of blood than another name on your list of girls you've fucked and ruined. Admit it, Jerome. The only reason you won't stay with me, and keep the baby, is because you're scared. You're scared of the commitment. You're scared of the responsibility. But most of all, you're scared by the fact that you actually love me and kind of want the baby. You'd rather deny it, and convince yourself otherwise, than let yourself be with us, because you're a miserable prick, and that's all you want to be."

     He was visibly shaking in anger, and his face was beat red. "Ha. Ha. Ha." You stared at him in anger. "Jerome. Please, just get out," you begged. He stared at you in what seemed like hurt, but you didn't know if he could even feel that anymore.

     "So this is it?" He asked. "You're choosing an undeveloped baby over me?" He asked. You put your hands on your stomach. "No. I'm choosing our baby over you. I'm keeping this baby because, even if I don't want to, I love you, and I want to have this baby. And one day, you're going to regret this, Jerome. You're going to wake up and realize that you lost something that could have made you happy. You're going to realize that you're no better than your mother," you spat.

     He stared at you in anger before turning towards the door. "No, I'm not going to regret this." And with that, he left you and his unborn child.

————————————————————————

Just so everybody knows, I am in no way trying to say that getting an abortion is wrong! I am pro-choice, an believe that if you want one, you should be able to get one, and if you don't, then you don't have to. I was not trying to offend anyone or their views of abortion.

-Alice