Body of Scars

Scars. That's all you were. A body full of scars. They littered your arms, legs, stomach, back, and so many other places. Scars that were caused by many things. Knives, guns, bats, crowbars, and hands.

     The scar that you hated the most, was the one on your forehead, that you covered with your hair. It wasn't very noticeable, but if you looked close enough, you could see it. You didn't hate that it was on your forehead, no, you hated the reason it was there. You hated what it caused you to remember; that you were weak.

You walked into the charity ball, wearing the dress that your sister let you wear. (The dress above^^) You were here to support your friend Bruce. He was one of the only people that actually liked you.

You sat towards the back, not wanting the attention. You heard that there was supposed to be a magician, and if you were chosen, you would surely die of embarrassment.

You sat there, not paying attention to the lady that opened up the event, or anyone else. That is, until she introduced the magician.

"Over the years, we've had magicians come and entertain our children." You looked up and started to really listen. "And so tonight, we have one of the magicians here, for you. Without further ado, please allow me to present to you, The Great Rudolpho!" She exclaimed. The spotlight turned to a women dressed in pink, with a pink mascaraed mask covering her face, in front of a large box. She raised one hand in the air and put the other on her hip, before turning to the box.

She opens the door, presenting whoever is inside of it. Well, whoever was supposed to be in it. She looks inside the box and sees that nobody is inside. She turns back to the crowd, covering her mouth with her hand, acting surprised, then she closed the doors again.

She pretends to think before opening the door again. This time when she opens it, a man wearing a black mask, hat, and suit, is in the box, yawning. He looks and sees the crowd walking out and presenting himself. "Ah!" He shouts as everybody claps.

You look behind you and see Bruce with Alfred. He looked uncomfortable, but you weren't surprised. He wasn't very fond of magicians. The Great Rudolpho walks up to the main stage, looking at the crowd. "Greetings ladies and germs!" He exclaimed with a weird accent. "I am, indeed, the Great Rudolpho," he and his assistant bow. "Please ogle my lovely assistant!" He introduces the woman in pink, who starts to pose as he chuckles.

He gasps and pulls a red cloth of of his pocket. He holds it up, letting go of the upper part, and revealing a rose. He hands the rose to the assistant who throws it into the crowd, just happening to land on the table in front of you. The magician continued to play with the cloth, before revealing a dove.

After letting the dove go, he walks up to the microphone. "For my first act, I'll require a volunteer. Let me see," he turned away and pointed to the crowd. "Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck," he said pointing to random people. "Goose..." he said, pointing to somebody behind you. You turned around and saw a nervous looking Bruce. You clapped for him, but knew he must have been shaking in his shoes.

You saw Alfred say something to Bruce, and the assistant walked over, and held her hand out for Bruce. Alfred said something again, and Bruce took the lady's hand. She led him to the stage that the magician was standing on. The magician opened a box and stood there, waiting for Bruce to get to the stage.

"Hello, young man." Rudolpho said once Bruce reached the stage. The assistant and Rudolpho put Bruce in the box, and set it up for the act.