The Truth Comes Out-Chapter 2

"Oh my god! Do you know what this means? We finally have a last name!" Scarlet exclaimed. I nodded. "It also means our parents have been lying to us for our whole lives," I sassed. She shook her head. "Why are you so mad? This is great!" I shrugged. "Let's just confront them about this."

     I opened up the door and it instantly began. "Scarlet and Ace! Where the hell have you been!?" My mother shouted. I just looked up at her. "Where's dad?" I asked. She looked at me confused before pointing to the living room. I grabbed Scarlet by the hand and dragged her in there. My father was sitting at his desk, looking at a map. I waited for my mom to walk in before I turned to them. "We need to talk."

     "About what?" My father asked, not even looking up at me. "About the fact that we know," I said. They both froze and looked at each other. "Know what?" My dad asked, finally turning to me. "Well if you would listen, I'm gonna tell ya," I said. He turned his chair around and looked at us.

     "Who are you guys?" I asked. My dad scoffed. "I'm the Joker!" My mother giggled. "And I'm Harley Quinn." I shook my head. "No! Like who are you really?" I asked. "I'm Harleen-" "No you're not!" I shouted. "You're Y/N Y/L/N!" I shouted pointing at her. Then I pointed to my dad. "And you're Jerome Valeska!" My dad stood up and walked over to me. "You don't know what you're saying, and if I were you, I would stop," he growled. "Daddy..." my sister said, causing him to look at her. He took once glance at her puppy dog eyes and backed away. He always did favor Scarlet.

"We went into your vault today. The one down at the warehouse. We found out about everything. Haley's Circus, the Maniax, dad dying." I saw them both stiffen up. "Why didn't you just tell us?" Scar asked. "Because," my father started. "Jerome and Y/N died a long time ago. They had to." I shook my head. "Why?"

"Because," was all he said. "Why?" I pushed. "Ace," my mom warned. "Why?" I asked again. "Because we fucked with the wrong people and they were gonna kill you and your mother and I couldn't live with myself if either one of you died!" My father yelled. "We moved to the outskirts of town. We started over. We were doing good! We had a house, food, and the cops left us alone, but by the the time you were two, we had no money, so I had to do some bad things again, which ended up with me like this! I left for months before I came back. You were three, your mother thought I was dead, and Scar was a month away from being born. Once I came back, we realized that we could never have a normal life. We also realized that to keep you safe, Jerome and Y/N had to die, and they did," he finished.

I stared at him wide-eyed. I looked at my mom and saw her crying. "J And I always wanted kids, ever since we were little. We both knew that no matter what, we would end up together. Once we found out I was pregnant with you, we were ecstatic. Our dreams were finally coming true, and then everything happened and all we wanted was for you and Scarlet to be safe," she confessed. "Ya know, the Joker never proposed to me, Jerome did. The minute we found out I was pregnant, he got down on one knee, and popped the question."

Scarlet looked up at them. "What were you guys like?" She asked. My mom and dad looked at each other before sitting down. "We were in love," my dad said. "I didn't care what happened to me, as long as my doll face was safe." I looked at my mom and saw her grinning ear to ear while my dad had a genuine smile on his face. He never called her anything except for Harls.

"We both grew up with messed up parents. When we were eighteen, we finally killed them, which got us thrown into Arkham. There, we meant many people, and were broken out by Tabitha and Theo Galavan. He called us the Maniax, had us do his dirty work, but nobody cared cause he broke us out. Well, turns out the bastard had other plans. He stabbed me in the neck and killed me, but some guy named Dwight brought me back to life, but not before cutting my face off. We had fun killing him. Anyway, I stapled it back on and had my fun in Gotham before we were thrown back in Arkham,

"There, we met Oswald. We became close. Then we somehow broke out. We were safe for years with Ozzy.That's when everything started happening. People started gaining power. Batman came out of nowhere, and then you were born and blah blah blah," my dad said. I nodded my head. "Wow," Scarlet said. "But this doesn't change the fact that Y/N and Jerome are dead," my mom said. We nodded. "One more question," Scarlet said. "Do we get to use the last name Valeska now?"