Pushed Away- Chapter 3

*Important AN at the end!*

     You ran quickly to your destination. You were still in shock after what just happened. It seemed like just as everything was coming together, it all fell apart at the same time. Just your luck.

     You didn't know if you should give Jerome some space, or if you should go after him, so you went to the one place that you could think of. The park.

     There was a secret spot in the park that only you and Jerome knew about. It was your safe place.

     You ran into the little garden-like area, and saw that it was empty. You still couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing. You decided that you need a minute to think, so you sat down on the one bench in the garden.

      All you could think about was how horrible of a person you were. You pushed away the only person in your life that was actually trying. He deserved so much better than you.

     You were torn from your thoughts from a rustling in the bushes. You looked at the entrance and watched Jerome walk in. He finally looked at you and froze. You both stared at each other, wide eyed, before he frowned. "I'm guessing you want me to leave, right?" He asked, sadly. You began to shake your head rapidly, causing him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

     "Oh! No, no!" You exclaimed, scooting over. "Come sit." Jerome walked over and sat as far away as he could from you. He looked anywhere but you, while you just continued to stare at him. You still didn't understand why he would want anything to do with you.

     You finally decided that you couldn't take the silence anymore. "Jerome?" He hummed in response. "I'm so sorry," you mumbled. He looked at you confused. "For what? Telling me to back up when you didn't want anything to do with me? Don't worry, I completely understand. It's just hard, ya' know? I really like you, but I can settle for this whole "friends' thing," he nodded, sadly. You shook your head. "No, not for that," you mumbled. He looked at you again confused.

"I'm sorry for lying to you. I'm sorry for telling you that I wanted nothing to do with you, when, in fact, all I really want, is you," you confessed. "I was just so scared of how fast I was falling for you, and then you... ya know... died, and that was a really bad time for me. And now that you're back, I don't know what to do, but I know one thing, and that's that I don't want to push you away anymore." You looked up and him and saw that he was staring at you in surprise. "But if you don't want me anymore, I understand."

     Jerome shook his head rapidly. "No! I'm just surprised," he confessed. You smirked at him. "Jerome Valeska? Surprised? Never thought I would hear that one," you joked, causing him to smile. You guys sat in silence before he looked at you again. "You're not lying to me, right, doll face?" He asked, suddenly seeming worried. You looked at him confused then shook your head. "What? No, of course not." He relaxed and nodded.

     "So what does this mean?" He asked. I smiled at him. "It means that I'm not going to push you away anymore. I'm going to follow my heart, and its leading to you." You confessed. He smiled at you then stood up, holding his hand out to you. "Come on," he motioned for you to come with him. You looked at him then grabbed his hand, standing up. "Where are we going?" You asked. He smiled at you, leading you out of the garden.

"It's time for Gotham to meet their new king and queen."

-------------------------------------------------------

    Hi guys! I'm so so so sorry that I haven't been updating. School started a couple weeks ago, and I've been so busy lately. I'm going to be putting this book on hold for right now, until I have more time to update. I'm so sorry, but I'll be back soon! Promise!

-Alice