(3) It's about time...

대조선국 Joseon Dynasty (1617)

"지민이 오라버니~! (Jiminie Orabeoni [similar to Oppa] !)" a young girl shouted in excitement as she ran across the dirt paved road.

Jimin paused mid step and turned around with a smile, chuckling lightly as he was tackled in a hug. "뭐야 순이야? (What's up Sooni-ya?)" he asked with a small grin.

The young girl giggled in his arms and smiled prettily at him. "Just now my mom said that dancing is a waste of time but I told her that if that was true, then you're the most unproductive person in this village! And then she hit me, can you believe that!" She exclaimed while waving her hands with a pout.

Jimin broke out into a laugh and ruffled the young girl's hair.

It was well known in town that he was by far the best dancer in the nation, moving with unparalleled grace and fluidity.

Chim gave her an endearing look and flicked her nose. "Sooni, if you want to dance then you should. Only you can stop yourself from doing what you love okay? But remember that Mom's words are important too" he explained and the young girl nodded with rapt attention.

She gave a toothy grin. "Okay Oppa! I won't disappoint you!" She screamed and ran off to play with her friends again.

Chim shook his head in amusement and turned back to the direction he had been heading towards earlier.

Despite being the best, he never flaunted his skills or unnecessarily showed off. It just wasn't his place.

He hadn't always been the best and even now he knew that he wasn't perfect.

Contrary to popular belief he wasn't born into this talent and had to work hard to become the man he was today.

His passion drove him to strive for more, and he knew that dancing was his calling. He loved the freedom he felt as he moved, the sweat that made it evident that he worked hard, and the ache of his muscles when he pushed himself to his limits.

As he continued reminiscing, the path he was taking became more secluded. He deftly weaved between the branches of the thick trees, on his was to the only grounds that he could practice dancing without being interrupted by others.

It was his safe ground and his escape from his usual mundane life.

But today was different.

He slowed to a stop when he felt an ominous presence around him and tensed.

Something was wrong.

All of a sudden he felt someone grab him and a piece of cloth was shoved over his mouth, muffling his shout.

He was struck once, twice and then another time before he fell to his knees in pain -his groan muffled by the gag.

When he sluggishly lifted his head up, he saw two men staring down at him with wicked grins.

"So this is the man who thinks he's the best in the nation?" One of them scoffed and pulled Chim's head up painfully by his hair.

The other man laughed loudly and sneered at Jimin. "He looks like a delicate flower; how can this be THE man who is rumored to have taken the hearts of every woman in town?" He asked with a guffaw.

Chim watched in growing vexation.

This wasn't the first time he had been harassed, but it was first that he had been restrained and bound in the process

The first man scoffed. "Who cares. His dancing is shitty anyways." He said with a wave of his hand and then leaned down to Chim's eye level. "Do you think you're entitled to everything just because you believe you're the best? Well guess what. You're not. People like us can take you any day" he spat out.