(5) The one to truly fear...

"...Sloth...you have a job to do, you can't just keep pushing it off..." a man pointed out, his head bowed lowly in respect.

Yoongi stopped, mid-writing, and looked up very slowly from the parchment on his desk.

The room seemed to have grown infinitely colder just by that one movement.

Without blinking an eye, he placed the pen down and let out a loud sigh, running his finger through his hair languidly.

The man watched, face stuck in utter horror as a trail of cold sweat dripped down his face.

His heart dropped, knowing that he messed up, now that Sloth's attention was on him.

Everyone knew that there was one rule Sloth had and it was to NEVER force him to work.

Yoongi placed his elbows on the desk and placed his chin onto his palms, focusing his gaze straight to the, now, trembling man.

Without uttering a word, he gestured the man to step forward.

The man gulped anxiously but shuffled closer until he was directly in front of his master.

Yoon shifted and studied him impassively. "...Tell me, have I ever failed to complete ANY of my missions in the last hundred of years?" He spoke -his tone carrying a lazy drawl.

Despite the aloof look on his face, no one could miss the increasing amount of killing intent that was radiating from him.

The man shook like a leaf. "N-no Acedia..." he answered back and Yoongi nodded approvingly.

His fingers drummed the table and the man could only watch, completely enraptured as he wondered if he had dodged the bullet.

Clack

Clack

Clack

Cla-

Yoon stopped and his hand shot forward so quickly that if you blinked, you would have completely missed it.

His hand wrapped loosely around the man's neck -not quite grasping yet- and a sharp gasp echoed around the dimly lit room.

Yoon smiled but there was nothing pleasant about it. "Great. I'm glad we understand each other now..." he murmured stoically and the man nodded hastily.

"P-please, Acedia I won't ever question you again" he whimpered while cowering away in fear and Yoongi nodded once more, shooting him an understanding smile but still his hand didn't move.

"You're right, you won't ever do that again..." he said in agreement, making the man sigh in relief and relax.

That is, until Yoon's hand started glowing a dark blue. "...because you won't be able to." he finished with a whisper and then clasped his hand firmly around the man's neck.

A shrill scream tore through the silent night like a knife.

————————————————

"That's the 20th assistant that you've incapacitated this last month alone! You can't keep turning them into motiveless zombies, Sloth!" His only friend, Greed, muttered annoyedly.

Yoon tch'd and cleaned his ear with one finger. "Stop whining. You know I won't have a problem finding another one. I know people who know people that know other people. It won't be difficult to find another man who will eventually piss me off again." He drawled dismissively with a wave of his hand.

Greed shook his head with a sigh.

There was no point in arguing with Sloth. Not only was he the laziest man that Greed knew, but he was also one of the most stubborn too.