(11) I'm a Glutton...

You balanced on the balls of your feet innocently as you scrutinized the walls, pretending like it held something fascinating.

"So...you helped Wrath escape huh?.." you trailed off innocently, hinting for more.

Tae opened one eye and stopped sucking on his lollipop as he causally tilted his head your way; a ghost of a smirk on his lips.

"Yup." he answered back easily, ending that last syllable with a soft 'pop'

You watched him eagerly, waiting for him to expound but when he didn't, you pout.

"Aww come on...You can't just leave me hanging like that" you said with a soft whine while crossing your arms lightly.

"Why'd you change your mind over one paper?" you pressed on with a questioning look.

Chim eyed you warily and stepped in. "Y/N...stop already, that's none of your business..." he murmured and you looked his way in surprise.

You frowned.

You didn't even realize you were overstepping your boundaries and you flushed embarrassedly.

It was so easy to casually talk to Tae that you didn't even notice that you had asked something so personal.

You opened your mouth to quickly apologize but Tae chuckled goodheartedly and waved him off.

"No its fine Chim, it was a long time ago anyways..." he trailed off.

His entire demeanor was still jovial but you didn't miss the wistful tone in his voice and everything you wanted to say died at your throat.

Tae gestured you to come closer. "There was a time when even I was innocent you know?..." he started, frowning slightly and you listened to him earnestly.

————————————————

Taehyung's Past

Tae tried to quietly tiptoe towards his room and he almost made it too until someone stood in front of him.

His mother bent down and scrutinized him carefully.

After a couple of seconds she sighed and tilted his chin upwards. "Tae...did you let the boys get away with teasing you again?..." she asked with a worried frown.

He didn't answer her and jerked his head away so that he could lower it and cover up his sniffling.

Her eyes softened as she looked down at her baby. He was only 7 years old with chubby cheeks and despite being so outgoing at home, he was really just a timid boy; her precious boy.

She sighed softly again but this time drew him into a hug and he hiccuped loudly at that, finally letting his tears fall.

"It's not fair...I just want to play with everyone but they say my ears are too big and that my smile looks like a square so its scary...how come they're so mean?" he asked with only an innocence a child could bear.

His mother held him tighter and patted his hair the way she knew would soothe him.

"Taetae, sometimes kids don't realize that their words hurt others but you have to stay kind okay? And besides, didn't you know?" she asked cheekily, making Tae look up at her with his big doe eyes.

"...know what?" he asked curiously, putting his sadness aside for now.

Her eyes twinkled mischeivously and she flicked his ears.