Beyond the Scene

Special update for all my loves

These events take place from when you were roughly 6 years old until your teenage years.

———————9———————

You grinned delightedly with pride as you held your newly fallen tooth in the palm of your chubby hands.

With a thoughtful scrunch of your nose, you hold the precious tooth up in front of the light from the sun that was shining down on you and carefully observed it while walking down the streets, excited at the prospect of placing it under your pillow later.

But first, you had to actually get home.

You chuckled happily and skipped down the pavement, heading your way out of the school grounds while eyeing the treasure in glee.

You smiled cheekily. The tooth fairy was going to give you a whole bunch of coins this time for sure.

Your thoughts were solely on your tooth and because of that, you weren't paying attention to your surroundings, and as a result, you never saw the man you crashed into who had mysteriously popped out from nowhere.

"Ah!" The tooth that was just in your hand had slipped off and fallen onto the ground, bouncing a couple of times before it disappeared from your sight.

Immediately, you bent down and frantically searched for the missing item but the world was against your 9 year old self and it seemed to have vanished forever.

With your jaw dropped, you looked up in incredulity and before you could stop yourself you screamed while mustering up the nastiest scowl you could -just like the way your mom did when dad did something wrong. "Ahjussi! Look what you've done!" You placed your hand on your hip and looked him straight in the eye.

The man blinked twice as he observed the young child that was trying her hardest to look intimidating, but only succeeded in making him amused.

He looked around him but no one was around so he bent down to your eye level and chuckled softly.

"It's only a tooth" he simply said back and you gasped.

Only a tooth?

You shot him a glare and his eyes widened slightly.

"Ahjussi, do you know how much I would've gotten from the tooth fairy with that??" You asked in all seriousness and again, the man had to school his expression so that he didn't straight up laugh at how adorable you were.

He kept that up for a couple more seconds until he reached his limit, bursting out into laughter while shaking his head.

"You're a refreshing kid..." he mumbled amusedly, still with a smile on his face and you pouted, not quite understanding what he meant.

"I don't want to be refre- refer- re- ugh!...I just want my tooth back" you whined while crossing your arms with a 'hmph' and the man snorted, but then shot you a knowing grin.

He reached over behind you and rifled through the grass for a second before pausing and pulling back.

You watched, in hopes that he could do what you couldn't and your anger was forgotten the moment he gestured you to come closer with a cheeky grin.