Meddling Kids

The four friends whirled their heads around to Tyler's, now vacant, stool.

"Oh my God, here we go again" Debby grimaced, placing her head in her hands, manicured fingers pulling at the roots of her brown hair. Ashley gasped and shook her head in horror.

"Grab him, grab him!" Jenna whisper-hissed, waving her arms around erratically, to Brendon who was looking around frantically until his eyes landed on the boisterous boy who had already gained the new pink haired dude's attention.

"Quickly, Brendon! He's about to talk to him! He's gonna scare the newbie away!" Ashley stated, eyes wide and hands gesturing to the pair.

"Never mind that! He's going to embarrass us all" The chestnut haired girl lamented.

"Do you think he's using his pickup lines?" Jenna divulged, tone cautious and disbelieving but also as if she made a sudden revelation.

"He wouldn't dare" Brendon deadpanned.

There was a second of pure, raw silence.

The gang scrambled out of their positions, pounced up, tripped over the seats and tables and bolted towards their friend at full speed, ultimately spilling all their coffees and teas.

Tyler had approached the man in 15 seconds flat, a spring in his step and a smile on his face.

He wondered what this guy's name was, where he came from, his interests, his hobbies, all about him. Tyler had never experienced this sudden buzz and urge to get to know someone before. It was new. But he loved it.

Maybe it was adrenaline.

Maybe it was gas.

In those 15 seconds, the new kid (who was a couple inches smaller than Tyler) had managed to walk behind the counter towards the back room to look for the manager and tell them of his arrival.

"Sir?" Tyler asked smoothly. He bent down to the counter to balance himself and to get a good view of the person he was referring to.

They were medium height, muscular yet somehow also feminine, they had fluffy pink rose-coloured hair and a casual outfit. Black jeans and a white shirt.

The guy with the brightly-coloured hair twirled around to face the person who owned the sonorous voice with a uneasy, bewildered expression.

"You owe me a drink" Tyler smirked, leaning his elbow on the counter and resting his chin on his knuckle, charming smile adorning his features.

The stranger crossed his defined arms over his broad chest, leaned towards one side and cocked a brow accordingly.

It's seems as though the newbie has an attitude.

"Oh yeah? And why is that? I don't believe I owe you anything" he sassed, his mellifluous voice wafted through the air, shooting Tyler an intense glare. Music to my ears. In this moment, Tyler noticed the strangers unamused yet lively eyes.

They were striking shades of terracotta swirled with rusty coppers and bold bronzes, coated with an almost golden hue and dusted with cinnamon speckles.

He had a stunning facial structure and there was a little bump on his nose.

"Well?"

Tyler snapped out of the entrancement, blinked and coughed lightly when the stranger spoke up.

"Because when I looked at you, I dropped mine" he finished before winking. Tyler engulfed the beauty's reaction and noticed his mouth opening as he began to say something.

He didn't get to hear the reply, however, because right when the last syllable slipped past his rosy lips, he was being flipped and thrown over Brendon's shoulder.

"We are so sorry" Jenna genuinely apologised, laying a hand on the new man's shoulder.

"I don't know what he said but I'm sure it was dumb" Ashley added.

"You can't be trusted, Tyler, can you?" Debby blurted.

"I am so sorry about Tyler, we really need to keep on closer eye on him" Brendon gushed to the smaller boy who fell victim to Tyler's cheesy pick-up lines that are so dumb that you go on a date with him just because you feel sorry for his lack of social skills.

As the squad rushed away, Tyler caught a glimpse of the boy once more. He was totally unimpressed. It was clear to see.

Alright. Okay. Sure thing.

Challenge accepted, Pinky.

He galloped back to the table with Tyler over his shoulder and plopped the exuberant extrovert back down on the chair he ditched moments before.

"Please tell me that you didn't use one of your dumb pickup lines, Tyler" Jenna shrieked while Debby pinched the bridge of her nose muttering a small "what are we going to do with you? How many times do we need to tell you?"

"Hey, in my defence, it was totally fitting to the situation and-"

The clique erupted into exasperated sighs and groans and some threw their hands up in the air in a "I can't believe you've done this" sort of fashion.

"Oh come on! It wasn't that bad, it probably would've worked if you didn't interrupt me" Tyler blurted, defensively and huffed angrily when Ashley began to talk.

She grabbed his hands in hers and looked deeply into his chocolate eyes.

"Tyler, honey, that shit never works and ends up making you look like a fool and leaves us embarrassed for you. You need to stop"

"Then explain how I was able to get a date with every guy in this town"

"Because they felt sorry for you"

Tyler pouted but not before sticking his tongue out childishly to spite her.

"I can't believe we almost let you get away with it" Brendon grumbled while simultaneously placing his large hand over his heart, dramatically. The others nodded in agreement.

"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids"

The gang of drama queens laughed.