An Apple For Your Thoughts?

We all know that feeling.

Falling into a blissful unconscious state at an ungodly hour and then being thrown back into reality suddenly and realising that your lazy ass slept in until 3 pm.

Oh, that regret flooding your system when you pull yourself together and find out that you're still tired.

Sometimes, it even feels though you hadn't slept at all.

Yes, well, that is exactly how Tyler felt.

The groggy boy sat up and wanted to sleep again. But he couldn't. He already wasted most of the day and he still had that little spark of excitement burning in him, urging him to wake the heck up and do something.

The brown haired man sprung from his slumber and threw on some random clothes he found in his wardrobe but he also chose some clothing that was scattered across his floor because as long as it wasn't stained, it was wearable. Simple as.

Today was a Friday. Which meant that Josh's shift was already over, if he remembered correctly.

As Tyler trudged down his stairs, he recognised the ravenous hunger consuming him. His insides growled and gurgled and he wasn't going to waste any time dossing about.

A man's gotta eat.

He scavenged through his empty cabinets, praying for anything to soothe his hunger. Nothing.

So then he ransacked the fridge only to find a carton of milk which was obviously expired as a foul odour emitted from the beverage.

His desperate self kept opening and closing the fridge door, hoping for it to magically be full next time he checked.

As a last ditch effort, he checked the small cupboard beneath the fridge and was overcome with delight when he found a small box of dry cereal. It will have to do.

So Tyler ate his dry cereal and compared his way of life to that of Bear Grylls. Only in Tyler's case, it was more severe, of course.

The brunette was impressed with his own survival skills.

What our protagonist failed to remember was that 3 minutes away was a fairly large shopping market jam-packed with goods of various kinds.

So when the thought finally barged its way to the surface of his mind, he sighed heavily and smacked his forehead.

Gosh, I'm such an idiot.

But he wasn't an idiot, he was just forgetful.

The blithe boy combed his fluffy hair and shuffled out the door, bringing money along with him to pay for whatever items he selected. The door slammed shut behind him.

The trip to the store was mostly quiet. He was just thinking.

If any of you were wondering why he was alone and wasn't hanging out with his friends, sit tight because I'm giving you an explanation.

Every Friday his friends had plans:
• Jenna helped out at an animal shelter out of town.
• Ashley had some college classes out of state so sometimes she'd be gone for weeks on end and the group would miss her terribly.
• Debby visited her grandparents on the weekends.
And
• Brendon was off doing some Brendon things that Brendon does. They've learned not to question it. It was pretty much a mystery but the friends had theorised that he had a secret lover of sorts. Who knows? It's Brendon we're talking about.