Battle Of Wits

"I win"

"What? No you didn't!"

"It's pretty obvious that I won this time"

"I refuse to accept it"

"Well tough luck, it seems as though I'm better at comebacks than you are..."

"No fair! I want a rematch!"

"No rematches"

"......you cheated"

"JOSHUA, HOW ON EARTH COULD I CHEAT AT A BATTLE OF WITS?"

Okay, let me rewind.

It was the summer of 2001, and Joe meets Patrick and he's like "yo, I know about music." then Patrick's like "yo I know more about music!" "that's impossible. so you wanna start a band?" and Patrick's like, "yeah that's cool." and then... yeah I'm kidding let's get into the real chapter.

~~~

Knock, Knock.

Nothing.

Knock, knock.

Again, no answer.

Now, at this point, any normal person would think 'oh, this person isn't home, I'll go home and call again later' but Tyler wasn't really normal, was he?

Knock, Knock!

It was 6 a.m, surely Josh was awake.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!

"Screw it" the brunette sighed, climbing through the open window at the side of the blue-doored house.

He stumbled, fell and broke a vase on the way. Hopefully his new friend wouldn't mind the glass shards scattered everywhere.

The eccentric boy made no attempt to silence his movements or even to quieten down.

Tyler whistled, looking around the house. Man, Josh has a nice house. All the furniture looked pristine and new, untouched and expensive paintings hung on the alabaster walls. The windows were adorned with silky white curtains and the floor was real hardwood of terracotta colour.

In a daze, he took a few steps toward the exquisite artwork that fit exceptionally well with the room's theme.

He had always been drawn towards art, of all kinds.

Cautiously, his nimble fingers traced around the images on the delicate canvas, taking in the scene as he went.

That was, of course, before he was assaulted with viscous bolts of electricity surging through him, ultimately landing him in a frenzied state on the polished floor.

"What the heck are you doing here?!" A familiar female voice shrieked, inspecting the boys body curiously with a small hint of fear.

"Oh shit, right. I forgot about you" Tyler said, remembering that Hayley lived here too and was Josh's roommate, or 'housemate', I guess.

Just as the defenceless man was about to sit up, he was attacked with another 3 seconds of unbearable electric currents.

"Explain yourself!"

Tyler's eyes opened and he was met with the sight of the platinum blonde-haired women wielding a taser with a towel wrapped around herself and small drops of water dripped from her skin.