Oh, How I Wish You Understood

(Super short chapter)

Josh's P.O.V

A vibration in his pocket interrupted him from the work he was focusing on.

Confused, and slightly dazed with a miniature headache, the young adult shoved his hand into his pocket and felt around for his device.

Back to his usual hostile demeanour, the cerise-haired male quirked an accusing brow at the unexpected notification on his phone screen.

New message.

His phone didn't recognise the identity of the person contacting him.

Nonetheless, Josh opened the text message.

Tyler:
JOSHUA, WHERE IN DAVY JONES' LOCKER ARE YOU? YOU LITERALLY FELL OF THE FACE OF THE EARTH AND VANISHED INTO THIN AIR WITHOUT A TRACE!?!?!! WHAT HAPPENED!?!? HAVE YOU BEEN KIDNAPPED!?!? HAVE YOU BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS!?!?!?!? ARE YOU DEAD!?!?! BECAUSE IF YOU ARE THE LATTER, YOU BET YOUR ASS I'LL BE BUYING A DAMN OUIJA BOARD TO CONTACT YOU AND SEND YOU AWESOME PICKUP LINES AND NOT-SO-SUBTLY COMPLIMENT YOU, NO HOMO, DONT UNDERESTIMATE ME, I WILL!!!!! I EXPECT A REPLY ASAP OR IM GOING TO WALLOW IN MY PITY UNTIL THE END OF TIME AND POSSIBLY NEVER LOVE AGAIN JUST BECAUSE IM EXTRA OKAY BYE I MISS YOU COME BACK SOON PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh, Jesus Christ.

It can't be.

There's no way that it can be Tyler, he literally made a mental note and extra precautions just so this situation would never exist.

Maybe, in some sense, it was inevitable (not that he'd admit it) but it certainly was against the secretive man's wishes.

The phone pinged once more, mere seconds after the first message.

Tyler : Photo Attachment

A soft chuckle escaped his mouth before he realised he was giving in to the purpose of the meme and quickly shut his mouth

A soft chuckle escaped his mouth before he realised he was giving in to the purpose of the meme and quickly shut his mouth. HE MUST NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTION WITH HIS ONE TIME THING FLING. END IT, END IT NOW.

Unnerved by the realisation that the brunette somehow got a hold of his phone without his knowledge, he panicked slightly. Just as fast as the serious boy clicked on the messages, he clicked out of them.

He tensed at the thought of the exuberant lad snooping through his phone considering he did have access to it because he entered his number and name.

What if he knows?

What if he's in on it?

What if this is a trick?

What if the whole romance thing is a setup?

Josh quickly brushed of the thought. Somewhere, deep down, he somehow knew that wasn't the case. He didn't know how he knew but he knew. And that was that. Totally unlike him and against his character, he accepted it without questioning it. Weird.

Snapping him out of the state he was in, the phone buzzed. And buzzed again. And again. Continuously. In quick succession.

Fuck.

He left him on read.

The curiosity took over and he couldn't help sneaking a peak at the messages.

Tyler :
O H
M Y
G o s H

Tyler :
YOURE ALIVE

Tyler :
WHERE ARE YOU

Tyler :
I MISS YOU

Tyler :
PLEASE RESPOND I CANNOT STAND THE SILENT TREATMENT I WILL  S U E

Tyler :
P L E A S E E E E E

Tyler :
PLEASE JOSHIE

Now it was Joshua's time to respond.

Me: Never call me that again holy shit I'm suing

His phone blew up after that. With comments such as "hoLy fUcK yoURE OKAY", "PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE I HAVE TO SEE YOU TODAY AND EVERY OTHER DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE", and of course, "ILL CALL YOU WHATEVER I DAMN WANT FIGHT ME".

Josh smiled and tried resisting the urge to send a meme of his own but he ultimately failed. He had such a good meme for this.

Me:

Man, he really hated to admit it but he was really missing Tyler

But he'll get over it eventually, for the simple reason that he will never see him again.

Weirdly enough, he didn't know whether that thought relaxed him or devastated him.

Oh goddamnit.

___________

This is sorta a filler but sorta not because it holds vital information

Hope you enjoyed even though this was quite quick!

~ your mom