Just Sound Casual, You Dont Want To Seem Desperate

"Guys" he shrieked. "Guys guys guyS guYS gUYS GUYS GUYS GUYSSS"

The note was grasped firmly in his shaking hand.

He scrambled back up through the opening, whizzed around each turn, nook and cranny, and dead end in the vents and rushed to open the metal frame over the exit he previously entered through to break in. It was 2 storeys up at the right side of the empty  blue doored house.

"GUYS LOOK WHAT I-" was followed by the high-pitched scream of the eccentric boy, his mistakes hitting him instantly, along with the ground.

Thud.

"Ooooooooooh" chorused the 4 friends from their assigned bases for the last time. They echoed through the earpiece in Tyler's ear and through the Walkie Talkies attached to his hip while also being heard from all around him since he was outside with them now.

Ah, yes.

While in his frenzy, he forgot to inform his friends of his approaching escape. The plan was to tell Jenna who would then explain to Debby to push the ladder they found back up against the wall so Tyler could climb down safely.

Yeah.

Minor setback.

They gathered over their aching friend, unsure of what to do. Hypothetically, what does one do when a comrade falls 2 storeys to the grassy ground, possibly to his death?

Groaning in pain, he managed to thrust his hand holding the note upwards for one of them to tear from his limp grasp.

The blue hue, the blonde, the raven-haired man and the chestnut haired woman huddled together to gawk at the note, disregarding their potentially injured pal.

"Welp" Brendon nodded, with twigs and leaves in his hair. "It was nice knowin' him"

Tyler, from his place on the ground, jutted his leg out forcefully to knock the adult to the ground.

"For someone who could've died you have a lot of nerve throwing me to the ground" he huffed, rubbing his elbows to soothe the ache from the impact. He kicked him back.

The brunette grunted yet returned the gesture.

Which was repeated multiple times by both parties.

"That's enough" Debby hissed. "We need to find out what we're gonna do"

"I say we hunt him down, drag his ass back here and demand an explanation, and if he resists, we use force!" Ashley declared, bringing her fist down to smack against her other palm. "It's foolproof!"

"That's a terrible idea! Are you trying to get arrested?!" Brendon laughed. "But I like your style, kid"

Ashley shot Brendon a glare. She was no kid. "I swear to Lucifer, call me 'kid' one more time, I dare you-"

"I say we handle this like adults and allow time before we jump to conclusions" The blonde girl offered. "Who knows? Maybe Josh has a family emergency and had to leave as soon as possible"

"Yeah, like he needed to bring his roomie and all his furniture with him" Tyler snorted sarcastically, now sitting upright. He rubbed his throbbing head. "And leave without a word"

"Oh my god, what if he got kidnapped?" he gasped afterward.

"That's not very likely, he wouldn't have time to write the note if that was the case-" she tried to explain.

"Oh my god, what if he got abducted by aliens?!" He gasped even louder.

"No, I'm sure that's not-" the optimistic girl insisted.

"OH MY GOD, WHAT IF HES DEAD?!" He gasped, the loudest one of all, swaying slightly as all of a sudden he became light-headed and on the verge of fainting.

"Yo, get it together, buddy" Brendon instructed while grabbed the panicking man to steady him and keep him from falling. "I bet you he's not dead"

"Wait a second" a tiny whisper came from Debby.

The group all turned to the girl who remained quiet through most of the exchange.

"Why don't you just text him?"

The group all sighed and groaned in annoyance, either throwing their arms up in the air or pinching the bridge of their noses.

Of course.

"Well tickle my toes and call me Joanne, that's a great idea!"

He ignored all his friends' glares and whipped out his phone.

They were all pissed by the fact that they went through all that preparation and hassle just to find out there was a much simpler solution. Yet, they did have a ton of fun doing so.

It was worth the risk.

Blue-haired Ashley slung an arm around Tyler's shoulders and surveyed the screen on his phone. "Just sound casual, you don't want to seem desperate"

"Gotcha"

He began typing.

'JOSHUA, WHERE IN DAVY JONES' LOCKER ARE YOU? YOU LITERALLY FELL OF THE FACE OF THE EARTH AND VANISHED INTO THIN AIR WITHOUT A TRACE!?!?!! WHAT HAPPENED!?!? HAVE YOU BEEN KIDNAPPED!?!? HAVE YOU BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS!?!?!?!? ARE YOU DEAD!?!?! BECAUSE IF YOU ARE THE LATTER, YOU BET YOUR ASS I'LL BE BUYING A DAMN OUIJA BOARD TO CONTACT YOU AND SEND YOU AWESOME PICKUP LINES AND NOT-SO-SUBTLY COMPLIMENT YOU, NO HOMO, DONT UNDERESTIMATE ME, I WILL!!!!! I EXPECT A REPLY ASAP OR IM GOING TO WALLOW IN MY PITY UNTIL THE END OF TIME AND POSSIBLY NEVER LOVE AGAIN JUST BECAUSE IM EXTRA OKAY BYE I MISS YOU COME BACK SOON PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

He wrote in ten seconds flat and smashed the send button.

"Do you think that was too dry? I want my zesty texter skills to shine through"

The electric blue-locked girl shook her head and raised a thumbs up and a perfect hand symbol. "Honestly perfection"

"Wait, shit, I've got the perfect meme for this" the chocolate-eyed guy mumbled, scrolling through his camera roll for the picture before tapping on it and sending it.

"Now it's perfect"

_________________

Wazzup babes how are you? I hope you at least laughed once while reading this chapter, heck, I hope you at least laughed once while reading any of this book bros