02 | ❛ Awkard Introductions ❜

That really hurt 

The day I went missing was the day I died

The day I went missing was the day I died. Five years in hell forged me into a weapon, which I use to honor a vow I made to Oliver and his father. In Robert's final moments, he told Oliver the truth... that his family's wealth had been built on the suffering of others. That he failed our city, and that is was up to Oliver and I to right his wrongs. But to do that without endangering the people closest to me, I have to be someone else. I have to be something else.

Annabelle tossed her small journal written with the very same haunted words that played in a loop in her mind before she tugged on her black hood and tightened her gloves. She glanced to Oliver who was doing the same and he nodded. They both slipped away, heading into the dark without a trace behind them as their nightly crusade began.

•••

"Who's that?" someone called out, confusion spreading over the whole roof. "Where'd they come from?" another guard added. Oliver dealt with the two guards approaching him, handling them easily and quickly.
Annabelle tapped on one man's shoulder, making him whip around. She grabbed his fist and flipped him, making him stay down. Someone charged her from behind and she turned around, throwing her fist out to collide with his cheek. He held his face and groaned before Anna kicked his legs out from under him and tossed him on top of another guard getting up.

While she dealt with the guards and other men, Oliver threw the man on the list off the roof and onto the generator nearby.

"No! No, please! No, please, please!" the man begged, his head being held close to the spinning blades in the fan. "Marcus Redman, you failed this city," the Hood recited, threatening the man.

"Please! No, please, no!" he cried out.

"Cell phone, inside pocket, call your partner," Oliver demanded. Anna looked up from her fighting and hopped down to Oliver, kneeling beside the man. "Tell him to give those pensioners back their money," he added.

"Do it now," Anna growled, her bow held in her hand.

"Okay, okay," Redman agreed, his voice trembling with fear. Oliver let him go and hopped off the roof, Anna following close behind.

She took one last glance at the terrified man who was already dialing a number on his phone. A smirk on her face, she caught up to Oliver and hurried away before the cops arrived.

•••

Oliver walked into the living room with Annabelle's hand gripped in his. Moira Queen was watching a news report about Marcus Redman, the man that both Anna and Oliver visited last night.

"Over the past fifteen years, Mr. Redman has withdrawn more than thirty million dollars from the plant's account. Mr. Redman claims refunding the Halcyon pension plan has always been his intent. But sources say Redman was coerced by the vigilante," the reporter informed the viewers, then showing a picture of the sketch drawn by a police sketch artist when Oliver described the man in the hood.