24 | ❛ Facing Reality ❜

Memories, not bad dreams

"Screw you, Cecil," Anna hissed under her raspy voice as she glared into the eyes of the drug lord who showed no mercy

"Screw you, Cecil," Anna hissed under her raspy voice as she glared into the eyes of the drug lord who showed no mercy. He laughed in his cryptic and cynical cackle and slowly walked closer to the shaking girl who was suffering from a drug withdrawal. "You stupid girl," he smiled. "You think it matters if you really answer me? You think I don't already know exactly where your precious Thea Queen is at this moment? She's at a party with her so called friends and is currently getting drunk with some vodka. You mean nothing to me, Annabelle Carter. And your answers don't benefit me at all."

"Then why are you asking them?" she bravely demanded, wanting to know why the Count was needing to know answers about her and Oliver's escapades and plans. "I want to see if you are willing to give me the right answers," he smirked before turning on his heel and bouncing lightly between his left and right feet. His back faced Anna and she let out a huff of air and tried to release all the fear she had been holding in while being in the presence of the Count, though she would never admit it.

"You never answered my question," the girl spoke up, making the unstable man whip around. "What question?"

"I asked you what you wanted with me," she told him, her fear escalating as he approached. "I want your boyfriend," he answered simply. "Then why don't you take him?" she argued. "Why the fuck am I here?"

"Why not torture you by torturing Oliver? I'm killing two birds with one single stone."

"You're sick," she said while shaking her head. The Count slowly approached her. "You're sick!" she screamed as he overtook her and her vision went away.

The night Oliver fell asleep beside Anna was the night Anna awoke in tears and sweat due to a vivid nightmare. She didn't let Oliver know about her nightmare and instead, she rolled over and scrambled out of bed where she eventually made it to the bathroom with insane pain in her side. She felt Oliver awake as she wandered outside her room and before he could call out to her, she had already shut the bathroom door and crawled against the wall across from the toilet as she cradled her legs and tried to ignore the pain. She did not realize Oliver was counting the minutes till she returned to bed with him, but when she didn't return for more than five minutes, he got up and went to go find her. She was replaying her nightmare in her head. She watched the needle come closer to her, she saw the Count's beady eyes staring into her own, she saw the lights flickering in the corner.

Bang! Bang!

Anna sighed and stretched her neck, staring at the art piece in front of her on the wall as the door to the bathroom opened. Oliver's head poked in and he smiled softly at her, "What's wrong?" he asked while sitting down on the floor next to her and looking at her. She shrugged, "My stomach is hurting," she honestly replied to the man. His eyebrows furrowed, "What happened?"