11 | ❛ The Truth Comes Out ❜

I lied  ❜

Sweat dripped from her forehead, the tiny droplets leaking down her cheeks as she looked down

Sweat dripped from her forehead, the tiny droplets leaking down her cheeks as she looked down. She breathed heavily, her hands finding her knees as she bent over to try and recover. That time, however, did not come. 

"And again," the soldier before her ordered, walking behind her so he could grab her ponytail and yank her up. Anna grunted in pain and seethed at the man as he let her hair go, now walking in front of her with his fists held out. "I said again," he demanded, his patience for his prisoner running thin.

She closed her eyes and shook out her hands all the while bouncing lightly on her feet. Not wanting to waste another moment, she swung her fist out, the man sliding to the side to avoid a blow to the cheek. Still not satisfied, he grab her outstretched hand and flipped her with an absurd amount of force onto her back, smashing her onto the hard concrete.

Anna groaned, her arms wrapping around her stomach as she rolled over in pain. "You're lacking!" the man shouted, pointing an accusing finger at her. "I'm trying as hard as I can! You make me train every day for hours and I can't find the time to heal!" she yelled back, regret instantly taking over her mind as the words left her mouth.

Her eyes widened as the man crouched down and he wrapped a hand around her throat, slamming her back down onto the concrete. She whimpered, her hands attempting to pull his from her and he only grinned. "You best watch your mouth. Or I'll convince Ivo that we don't need your friend over there. That would be a shame, but I bet she would make great shark food," he warned, watching Anna's eyes fill with fear. He got what he wanted and released her before standing to his feet, "Now," he said, "Again."

Annabelle stared at the sloppy writing in her journal that brought her back to the freighter. A chill overcame her body and she immediately slammed the book closed and pushed it farther onto the table so she wouldn't even be tempted to look at it. She could hear the man's threat to kill Sara play in the back of her mind, and it only made it more evident that she needed to talk to someone that loved Sara as much as she did. Every time Anna closed her eyes she saw Sara in all her beauty. And every time she opened her mouth, she heard Sara's voice. Perhaps it was because only days ago Sara would have turned twenty-six, and on that day was a time of despair.

After those days had been constant bickering between Diggle and Oliver about if 'The Hood' should go after these bank robbers that had moved to Starling City and helpful advice toward Tommy as he tried to pursue getting Laurel interested in him.

He had come into Anna's room one day to try and plan a CNRI banquet to draw in investors, and Anna had done all she could for him before she was called by Oliver as he complained about Diggle lying to him. 

All in all, it had been a crazy week, one that Anna had still been sitting on the sidelines for. She was feeling better and simply relied on painkillers to get her through her day but she was really fine. Yet, for now and for a little while longer, she was in charge of being behind the scenes whenever Oliver and Diggle went to crusade into the night.