03 | ❛ Graveyard Sobs ❜

❛ I think I've had my share of crap for the day 

"Anything interesting going on today?" Annabelle wondered, heaving herself onto the next level of the salmon ladder

"Anything interesting going on today?" Annabelle wondered, heaving herself onto the next level of the salmon ladder. Oliver was climbing the rope, sweat rolling down his face. He cringed and shook his head, dropping easily back down onto the ground. "Martin Somers," he announced, gaining attention from his girlfriend. She raised an eyebrow, releasing her fingers from their grasp on the bar and landing smoothly on her heels, stepping over to where Oliver was staring at a name on the list. "Laurel's targeted the worst of Starling City, so it's no surprise his name is on my father's list. The city's police and D.A. can't stop him, or won't. Laurel thinks she's the only one willing to bring him to justice. But we're going to prove that she's wrong," he explained, tossing the journal back onto the desk.

Annabelle squinted, staring at the brown leather, before sliding into the chair in front of the desk, resting her arms on the arm-rests. "So, why Somers today? Are you looking into all the cases that Laurel's taken interest in? Or you just decided to bring down a Chinese Triad revolt this day?" she pondered, lifting the book with one hand and searching through the thick list of names. "I told you, this isn't for Laurel. She's taking these cases because of what happened to Sara, we can at least be protectors for her," he argued in return. Anna shrugged and handed him the book, "Of course we can, Oliver. But now, I've revealed myself as another vigilante. This isn't comparative to Hunt where you took him down on your own and I was just the research. The people know there's two of us out there, so I hope at least one of us can be intelligent in our decisions. This is the Triad, and we know the Triad," she concluded, standing to her feet and collecting her jacket off the back of the chair. 

Oliver watched intently as she threw him a smile over her shoulder before jogging up the stairs and out of site. She knew he still cared about Laurel, maybe a bit more than he was telling himself. And she only hoped that he knew it himself when going to meddle in her affairs in the Somers trial. Otherwise, everything could go south. Annabelle only desired he understood that Laurel hated him and Anna at the moment, and letting her get attached to their alter egos wasn't the way to win her trust back, especially when it could put her in more danger than teeny bopper feelings.

•••

Both in gear and with determined looks on their painted faces, Oliver glanced to Annabelle with a slight nod. "We should really invest in some masks," she muttered under her breath just as Oliver killed the electric in the warehouse. She took that as her signal and leaped down, ducking into a forewords as her feet touched the ground. Using the night-vision enhancement on a pair of glasses she slid onto her face, she raced around, slamming her bow into the guards backs and swiping their feet from under them. Oliver was crouched behind a metal stand, waiting for Anna to finish her task.

Looking around the facility, she saw her three knocked out opponents and tapped her foot on the ground, Oliver rushing to turn the lights on. Martin Somers looked around, seeing his protection scattered around him, and with a fearful look in his eyes, he gasped. But Oliver was quicker, racing to his feet and taking Somers from behind.