07 | ❛ A Real Innocent Man ❜

❛ If it's no one's fault, then who committed the action? 

The moments following the point where Diggle knew he was standing in front of 'The Hood' and 'The Hoodess' were not very pleasant

The moments following the point where Diggle knew he was standing in front of 'The Hood' and 'The Hoodess' were not very pleasant. Annabelle stood ashamed by Oliver's side, and she felt guilty that she had let herself befriend such an honorable man like Diggle and perhaps haunted his thoughts. His eyes begged for an understanding of what was going on, but they were also filled with disbelief that the girl who seemed so fragile and broken was really as ruthless as 'The Hood.'

Diggle took a deep breath as looked over the two and looked at the outfit Oliver was dressed in and the purple hood laying out on the table beside him. "You're those vigilantes," he said carefully, testing out the words while they slipped from his mouth. Before Oliver or Anna could respond, the man charged sloppily at Oliver and he simply stepped to the side while Anna pressed her back against the table to avoid being run into.

"Easy, Dig. You were poisoned," Oliver warned, facing the man once again while Anna stood to the side, watching the interaction. "Son of a bitch," Diggle growled, taking another swing. This time Oliver spun him around and gently pushed him to the side, an annoyed look resting on his face. 

While Diggle regained his balance, Oliver wandered over to where Anna was and paced back and forth, "We could have taken you anywhere, we could have taken you home. I brought you here."

"You really did lose your mind on that island," Diggle said with a shaky voice, his eyes staring into Oliver's. "Found a couple things along the way," Oliver argued.

"Like what, archery classes?"

Before Oliver could hesitate on his next words, Anna pursed her lips and folded her arms across her chest, "Clarity," she jumped in, gaining attention from both Oliver and Dig. "Starling City is dying. It is being poisoned by a criminal elite who don't care who they hurt as long as they maintain their wealth and power. My parents raised me to never become like those people, Dig. I promised them I wouldn't," Anna explained.

"What are you gonna' do?" Diggle scoffed. "Take em' all down by yourselves?"

"No," Oliver replied, a shake of his head gesturing his reply. "No, I want you to join us," he continued, gaining the attention of Anna who had no idea this is what Oliver was planning. She figured they would tell Diggle about their plans, maybe even explain themselves, but she never figured Oliver would be inviting him to their capade. "Special forces out of Kandahar. It's perfect, you're a fellow soldier," he added on, making Anna cringe a bit because she knew those weren't the words he should have said. 

"You're not soldiers, you're criminals," Diggle spat, leaning in to face Oliver closely. 

"And murderers," he finished, walking slowly away from the two in hopes of getting the hell out of the basement. Once the last two words left his mouth, Anna felt a sting in her heart. She was a murderer on the island, and everywhere else she traveled, but Starling City was a new start for her and she didn't want to take any more lives. She was haunted by the ones she did take and hated killing people even five years ago. But when she was called something so foul moments ago, she knew she would never escape her past.