05 | ❛ Clubbing with the Bratva ❜

❛ What we needed was the truth ❜ 

On a quiet afternoon that would have made the perfect weather for a walk in the garden, Anna had reluctantly greed to travel with Oliver to some old car shop to converse with some members of the Bratva

On a quiet afternoon that would have made the perfect weather for a walk in the garden, Anna had reluctantly greed to travel with Oliver to some old car shop to converse with some members of the Bratva. She had served her time with the Bratva before and wasn't interested in dealing with their crooked business again, but they had to, for this one time. And since no one could know how the two millionaire heirs were involved with a Russian mob, they sneaked in wearing simple casual clothes and ball caps. 

As they entered the shop, Oliver did the speaking for the both of them and used his Russian tongue to get what he wanted. The two employees were hesitant and unsure as soon as Oliver requested a person named Alexi Leonov and to defend himself and Anna, Oliver had broken the hand of a man who pulled a gun from his pocket. He passed the gun along to Annabelle who was standing cautiously to his side just in case the men were to try something on her, but as soon as Oliver pulled down the collar of his shirt to prove he was Bratva, the man relaxed, but only slightly. "I yeye?"  the bald man asked, saying 'And her?' as if he didn't want a civilian involved in the affairs.

Anna tensed but nonetheless gripped the collar of her shirt and pulled it past her collarbone to show her Bratva tattoo. The man was confused because the Bratva accepted males only, but since Anna had known Anatoly from the boat, he had made an exception based on her fighting skills. "I want to see Alexi Leonov," Oliver demanded in Russian, staring straight ahead at the men.

The bald man - the man in charge - stepped forward and bowed forward slightly to show his respect. "Pleased to meet you both."

•••

"I apologize," Alexi announced while Oliver and Anna followed him down the basement stairs and into a pit of filth and disorganization. "We meant no disrespect to two captains. Particularly American ones."

Oliver stepped off the last step and motioned Anna in front of him and they both stepped over to a table where Alexi was waiting to settle affairs. "So, how can I be of assistance?"

"I'm in the market for a hired gun," Oliver shortly responded. "Someone the organization's used before. His calling card is a 7.62 millimeter round laced with curare."

"I know no man who uses such tools," Alexi shrugged, not daring to make eye contact. Anna narrowed her eyebrows and folded her arms across her chest, "But you can find out who does."

"First, we will drink to each other's health, then I will look into the identity of this man you seek."

Anna took the glass with a cringe on her face due to the fact that she wasn't much of an alcohol person, and Oliver recognized it. But she had to drink the shot to prove her respect for the two Bratva. So she tilted her head back and took one large sip of the clear vodka, letting it wash down her throat with a strong sensation.