Cerulean

~*~

"What's with that 'It's him'?" I hissed quietly to Asteria, scared to get caught.

Crest is about to close and the people from the cinema slowly evaporates as the night go deep. Boutiques across the street were lit gleamingly as old vintage cars passed by like a wink.

Asteria sat on a mahogany counter, playfully swinging her long slim legs. "I don't know, too, Lotus," She sounds oblivious. "I felt something, like an invisible force filled his aura; that made me say 'It's him',"

Here she is again with her vague answers that I can't pin any point.

Questions gushed my chaotic mind. I wished for true, pure love; therefore, do I need to fall in love with Radleigh? Does he need to fall in love with me?

I don't even know how I will satisfy my self on my wish to able to come back in my own time.

I sighed. God, what's gotten into me when I foolishly wished from a shooting star? It was a spur-of-a-moment that all my rational thoughts washed away because of my overwhelming emotions from my breakup. Worst is, I didn't even mind that I might gonna die in a plane crash that instead of wishing to be alive— I absurdly asked for love.

It's not that my breakup is not making me sad anymore, but at least right now I can think straight.

I was pulled in reminiscence when a soft thud captured my attention. Radleigh came from the staff room, quickly running towards the exit. His  dark hair looks disheveled but his working clothes were still intact.

He ran passed in front of me like a wink whilst carrying his flannel coat on his right shoulder. My gazed followed Radleigh until he finally got outside. He looks in a hurry that he didn't even said his farewell to me, his co-worker.

Tomorrow evening came like a blur. I entered the cinema an hour early before its opening for the night shows. But to my surprise, my usual old co-worker, Flinn, welcomed me with his signature bored look.

A pang of little sadness hit me, expecting to see Radleigh again.

I shrugged everything off then started to do my job.

While working, a flash of light came from the starless night sky followed by a horrendous thunder sound. After a minute, it was raining cats and dogs.

When my shift ended, I hastily went outside to hail a cab. People were holding intently their umbrellas like me as the heavy rain sound mixed the noise around the city.

My eyes flicker when a cerulean blue Cadillac halted in front of me. Its wet glass window rolled down, showing Radleigh's face.

"You want some lift? The sky is wailing in tears right now," He shouted to be clearly heard against the sound of the wind blow and rain hitting the ground heavily.

Feet still rooted on the wet ground, our gaze locked with each other.

"Don't mind me. I don't bite," He added as his lips stretched into a playful grin.