Mother

For Kiara-z, ShadowsInTheNight101moniquelacsamana, thanks for constantly voting and reading! Xo ✨

~*~

It's been a week since Radleigh and Sharon broke up, and in that whole week, I've been kinda babysitting Radleigh— more like I am his drinking buddy. I need to be at his side to control his drinking, I don't want him to be so drunk then weeped at Sharon again.

"Cheers!" He chirped, as he lightly tapped the liquor glass of his whiskey to my apple juice.

I soft curse rolled my tongue. "That's enough!" I tried to get his whiskey off him, but this sneaky bastard drank it quickly.

The voices, soft clang of utensils and some jazz music jumbled together in a mass of chaotic sounds and words inside this cafe bar.

I groaned and rolled my eyes at him. He put down his glass on the mahogany counter bar, as he licked his lips then looked at me.

His eyes were dark, like the circles around his eyes that seemed like bruises, his stubbles were started peeking too.

"Let's go home now, you are getting drunk!" I hissed at him.

He smirked, teasing me. "Drunk? My body can stand almost anything." He poured another bottle of whiskey, but before I could speak, he drank it again quickly. "It's my mind and heart I have to convince,"

"Radleigh," I frowned.

"Okay fine, that will be my last glass of whiskey," He raised his hands, as if surrendering to the polices.

I rolled my eyes. "Then come on, let's get you home,"

"Tsk, no," A playful grin flashed across his lips. My eyebrows furrowed. "Let's go to my favorite place,"

"Favorite place? It's almost midnight, Radleigh!" I squeaked, as he drag my wrist outside the cafe bar.

He chuckled, for a moment, I saw humor in his eyes. "You are so stiff. Loosen up, Lotus,"

We drove against the night. I don't know what that 'favorite place' he was talking about, but I still found myself going with him.

I fell asleep then woke up when Radleigh tapped my cheeks lightly. "Hey, Lotus, we're here,"

I yawned, opened my eyes softly. I shifted to my wristwatch—12:45 was plastered on the hands of the clock.

"Where are we?" I looked around, the distant light of Brooklyn shined against the dark place. Well, it's not totally dark because every path-walk was lit by lamp posts.

"Cemetery," Radleigh said nonchalantly.

I gasped. "Why are we here? And don't tell me this is your favorite place?" Fear crept into me, scared of where we are. And let me remind him, it's freaking midnight!

He went out the driver's seat, ignoring my question. I thought he'll leave me here but, he turned around and then opened the door for me.

"Oh, come on. Don't be scared, the whole place were illuminated," He shrugged. I pouted at him at went outside his car.

The cemetery doesn't looked like a graveyard at all, as the ground was covered with Bermuda grass with some flowers on the side of the path walks. It just looks like we are in a park, but on a distant view, tombstones were erected.

Radleigh held my hand, as we walk on a inclined path walk. When we got to the top, I can clearly see buildings in Brooklyn. I looked at Radleigh who is staring at the distant view too, eyes glimmering in lights.

"So, this is your favorite place because you can see the whole city up from this hill?" I asked in confusion. He can even see the whole city of Brooklyn up from his terrace, so, why here?

He gazed at me with a wrinkled eyebrow, as if I said something wrong. Then he pouted then suddenly his laughter filled the quiet place.

I pouted, crossing my arms. "What's funny?"

He flicked the tip of my nose. "It's not what you think, Lotus. My mother was buried in here," Then he pointed at the tombstone beside us. "So, this is my favorite place where my mother is,"