Happy

~*~

I went to Radleigh's company to bring the pastries and pasta that we made and also expecting to see him too, but unfortunately, it was just her secretary showed up.

I don't know what's running on Radleigh's mind anymore, that he won't even talk to us and tell how is he.

I breathed while preparing the tickets for the shows, while Flinn was now assign at doing the popcorns. I flinched when suddenly the telephone rang.

"Good evening! Crest Cinema Theater, how may I help you?" I greeted on the other line.

There was a hard breathing before the caller spoke. "Lotus?" A clear husky voice filled my ear.

My lips parted, gasping in surprise. "Radleigh! Is that you? Oh! My god. How have you been?" I asked quickly with a surprised shaky voice, holding the telephone firmly.

"Are you at work? Can we see each other just for a moment?" He didn't answer any of my questions.

I nodded without realizing he won't see my reply, instead I said, "Right now? I can ditch my first hour here in Crest,"

The view outside started to color pink, red and orange, as the sun sets. I hurriedly talked to my manager that I have an emergency, then went to the place where Radleigh and I would meet.

It was a park here in Brooklyn, the only part of the city where trees and shrubs are planted, between a concrete jungle.

"Radleigh," I stood up from the bench I was sitting for minutes, while watching some families and couples doing some picnics.

My gazed soften as I saw his face after a month. He greeted me with a smile but there was no crease below his eyes, no movement in his cheeks. He looked tired, as if he hadn't slept for in a week. His hair ruffled, his eyes enveloped in a certain dullness that was hardly concealed.

If someone saw him that he doesn't knew, they would think it's Radleigh's normal look. But I am not just someone, for he is my friend, so I can see in his eyes that he is sad.

"I am sorry for calling you at this moment," We sat facing each other, then I held his hand, feeling his warmth.

"How have you been? We are worried sick about you,"

The Radleigh in front of me was gloomy, but he was still that soft Radleigh—soft like a watercolor.

He gulped and took a deep breath. "I've been busy this month because of our business. And I know that you already heard right now about the news,"

I nodded. Yes, about his engagement.

He scoffed and licked her lips, as his long fingers brushed his jet black hair. "I can't believe it. I never thought someone like me would marry for money, and not for love,"

My eyebrow furrowed, confused. "What are you saying?"

"I thought you knew?" He blinked. "Lotus, I am just going to marry for money. Our family needs it. We need this arranged marriage,"

The muffled noise of the park and the city mixed in chaos, but I was too caught up to him that I couldn't hear the noises except his voice.

My expression soften. This must be the reason why he is so slumped and stressed. "Is there no other way?" I asked.

"There was no other way, Lotus," He shook his head. "That's why I am here to ask you a favor,"

"What is it?"

He open his coat and pulled a white envelope from its pocket. "Please give this to Sharon," He said as he handed me the envelope. "I wrote a letter for her. I hope she reads it,"

My fingers ran through the dried ink of the envelope: TO ᔕᕼᗩᖇOᑎ

I was really awed that he was already engaged after a month he proposed to Sharon, that I thought he already moved on. But it looked like, he is still madly in love with her.

"She will read this," I assured him. "But are you going to be alright with your marriage? Are you going to be happy?"

I don't know, but for a second, I saw a flicked of hope and happiness in his eyes.

"I'll try?" He said, tucking a cigarette out from his pocket then lit it.