Glimpse

~*~

"What would happen to Radleigh in the future?" I asked Asteria, as we got home in my apartment. I removed my shoes then sat on my bed. "I don't know what will happen to him. I haven't met the old him in the future,"

"I don't know too," Asteria opened the window, as she leaned on it facing the starry night. "I'm just a star shining brightly up there,"

Then she turned around, meeting my gaze. Her blond hair blew by the wind from outside, making her look like art. "But I saw a glimpse of something," She added, rubbing the back of her neck.

"A glimpse of what?" I leaned forward, my tone sounded too caught up on what she had said.

"It's not important anymore, Lotus. What's important is you did save him," She pursed her lips, avoiding my eye contact.

I crossed my arms, as my eyes squinted. I stood up and paced in front of her. She's being this again, indistinct and vague. And right now, my patience snapped. I wanted her tell me everything, I am so done playing with her games.

"Tell me, Asteria. What glimpse? And I did save him? From what?" I spatted.

Asteria move a step backward, clearing her throat. She really had a angelic face, but she was the kind of persona you can't read.

"I-I said it's not important anymore," She said in a unhurried voice. "You stayed in his side, Lotus. You let him realize to let go Sharon,"

I blinked, remembered the letter he gave me for Sharon. His goodbye letter.

"So? What's the relationship of that from what I am asking from you, Asteria?" I asked, flat and steady. She was really playing with my patience.

She inhaled then bit her lip. "Because the events had change," Her shoulders slumped, as if surrendering to my questions.

My eyebrow wrinkled. Events? I haven't thought of it! "W-what? It did change? How?"

Why am I still asking Asteria? Of course it will really change. I am freaking here! Here, where I were not supposed to be!

"Tell me, Asteria. What events you are saying had been changed?" My skin tingled as sweat from my forehead formed. I am worried I messed up something! And this would be Asteria's fault!

No. No. This was my fault. If I didn't wished for a freaking shooting star, this won't happened.

"About the glimpse," She started, as she licked her lips. "The time you and Radleigh met at the park lately, that was the time—"

She stopped then shut her eyes closed, as she inhale and exhale through her mouth. Maybe telling me this thing made it too hard for her.

"T-that must be the time he will k-kill hisself, Lotus," Her voice wavered, melancholic vibe showered into her.

My heart thumped on what I heard. "Are telling the truth?" I asked, trying to be calm.

She nodded softly. "Like what I have told you, it change now. Look at him, he let him met you to give Sharon the letter. To let go of her and face a new tomorrow with his fiancée," Her tone sounded so defensive.

I eyes darted into her. Anger crept into my chest. "Why didn't you tell me?!" Asteria flinched as my voice rose up. "So you are too confident that, that letter he gave to Sharon was just a letting-go-letter?"

God! Why didn't I thought of that? What if that 'goodbye letter' he was saying, was really a goodbye letter? Goodbye like going away and won't ever come back anymore?

"Yes. Remember him telling you that he will try to be happy with Cecilia?" Asteria continued convincing me.

"But still, you should have told me from the first place!"

If Asteria was really telling the truth, I don't want to Radleigh die. But the timeline will really mess up, because everything from this time already happened. Everything fell from its right place, I am just the wrong here.

But a part of me doesn't care anymore about the pace of the events. Radleigh is my friend, and what Asteria had told me made me astounded, it made me felt badly worried.

I shoved all my thoughts for a moment, without caring anymore about the world, I ran toward my telephone to call Radleigh. But before I could reach it, it rang.

Three rings before my shaky hands accepted the call.

"Hello?" I greeted, but my voice was low.

I heard a hard breathing and sobbing from the other line. "Lotus," Sharon's hoarse voice greeted me.

"Are you alright? What's wrong?" For a second, I thought what Asteria had said. It made my belly knot and chest tightened in fear that it might still happen, even though she said we already passed that event.

"Radleigh is dead. It was suicide, Lotus,"

I couldn't breath, all I felt was a tear rolled down my cheek. It still happened.