Favorite

~*~

The naked winter trees lined the avenue. Frozen air lace in my skin, delicate and cold. The sun has now gone over the horizon, showing a magnificent interplay of colors of magenta pink and fire orange. How odd is that? A sunset on a winter weather!

I went out from the cab, my boots were welcomed by the thin ice that filled the road. Even the coldness upon my face is refreshing, my body was cozy under a warm coat.

People was busy walking or doing their own business on the vast sidewalk of the avenue, breath rises in visible puffs to join the winter air. I stumbled slowly, as my boots crumbled against the snowy sidewalk, leaving a trail of footprints behind me.

The splendid building lights of Brooklyn started to flicker against my eyes. I walked in front of my Fiancée's company, that in a distant view, I can clearly see its lobby's interior behind the enormous glass door and window.

I entered the building, the same interior design I used to see always greeted me—all of it screamed elegance. Busy business women and men who walked path through me gives me small smiles.

"Good evening, Ms. Lotus," Mary, the receptionist lady, greeted me with her wide smile. Not to brag, but everyone in here knows me because I am the fiancé of their CEO.

"Hello, Mary," I gave her a small grin, waving as I passed by. "The weather is too cold. How are you doing?" I asked her, starting to make a conversation.

I stayed for a minute or two just to talk to Mary, which I used to be. All the employees in here are warm and welcoming, that made me friends with them. After having chit-chats, I walked in the elevator, pressing the top floor button.

Brandon, my Fiancée's, secretary greeted me when I got to my designated floor. "Miss Lotus, how are you?" He asked with enthusiast.

"Hello, Brandon. I am fine, how about you?" I smiled at him. He stepped towards me and helped me remove my coat.

I mumbled my thanks as he answered my greeting. "Great as ever, Miss Lotus,"

I was about to go to my Fiancée office when the elevator suddenly opened. A wide smile clouded my face.

"Grandma Cecilia!" I squealed, as I quickly ran towards her and gave her a bear hug. "How are you, Grandma?"

Its been a week since we saw her. She looked still the same, like my Nana Sharon which hair was now white as a snow flake, and her once porcelain skin is now wrinkled and saggy. But she still looked young even though she is now rockin' in her 80's.

"Lotus!" She embraced me back. "I am so fine. How about my best bud, your Nana, how is she doing?"

I chuckled. Its really cute that at their old age, they still seemed to be cool and amazing for this generation. I helped Grand Cecilia walked with her cane. Her leg joint are now weak but she can still manage it. As we walked to the sofa lobby, Brandon and Grandma Cecilia's bodyguards excuse themselves.

"She's fine. Getting more better," I replied, exhaling.

Grandma tucked some loosened hair behind my ears. "Oh, Honey, I hope she is," Her chest heaved as she breath heavily. "But we are now too old, our time is running,"

Its been three years since Nana had her sickness and in that three years, she was in and out in the hospital. And Grandma Cecilia, my Nana's bestfriend, have been there for her since. She's been our family friend ever since.

"You are really best friends with Nana. You both talk about dying," I frowned.

She chuckled, as her green eyes behind a thick glasses brighten. "I will visit your Nana again. But for now, its been a week since you saw him," Her eyes averted into the CEO's door. "Surprise your Fiancée now, Honey,"

"Then come with me grandma, I know you are here to welcome him back from his business trip too?"

"Oh, don't mind me. I'll just have a good chat with Brandon for now," She said then called for Brandon and his bodyguards on the telephone.

I left grandma when her bodyguards came, and then stepped in front of my Fiancée's office. I didn't knock, I just opened the glass tinted door slowly.

I stepped inside quietly. There, I saw my Fiancé, facing his vast glass window with the overview of New York city. And in front of me is my favorite view of all time.