Warm

~*~

Like the usual, I went to work an hour early before it opens for the night.

The ground was still wet from the last night's rainfall. A few sparse of dark stormy clouds racing across the sky, chased by a cold, keen wind. The brilliant unfettered golden rays of the sun hasn't been peeking since yesterday.

A blustering sound of The Everly Brothers' All I Have To Do Is Dream welcomed me, enveloped every corner of the cinema's lobby. The music came from a vintage jukebox beside the mahogany counter.

My ex-boyfriend, Jonathan, was indeed sweet. He even used to serenade me this song way back on Christmas eve 2016. Lovely and sweet memories of us blossomed in my mind, giving me a dull, sharp throbbing ache in the chest that it was almost too much to bear.

Tears rolled down my cheeks on after another, like a sudden deluge of rain erupting from a perfectly blue sky. All my emotions I'm trying to suppressed since I got in here flowed painfully.

I admit I miss him.

I long for him.

Hell, I still love my cheater boyfriend.

Why am I crying because of that asshole? I can't understand my self! But I promise, this will be the last time.

"Lotus," I looked up to see Radleigh hastily running towards me. He was blurry in my eyes due to my infinite flow of tears.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" His voice sounds worried and concerned.

"I-it's nothing," I whispered hoarsely.

But no matter how I tried to keep a compose feature, I just found myself tearing up again. His ash gray eyes softened as he observed my weak state before him.

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. How sensitive I could be? Wailing because I got triggered by a song!

"I'm sorry for tearing up suddenly," I cleared my throat. "I just remembered my ex-boyfriend,"

Radleigh nodded lightly, intently listening to me.

"He broke my heart and that song..." I pointed at the jukebox. "He...he used to sing it to me that made me think of our past again,"

I sobbed, chin trembling as my shoulders heaved with emotions and hands clenched into shaking fist. My chest felt heavy like my lungs constricted, making it hard to breath.

"The song was good, but it made you cry; so, let's freakin change it!" He spat as he stride to the jukebox, changing it to a new song.

Elvis Presley's Teddy Bear filled the air without effort. The music gradually changed the atmosphere from gloomy to lively.

"Hush now," Radleigh cooed me. "Remember, it's his loss, not yours..."

I was taken aback when he offered me his hand. "Forget him and dance with the beat of the music," He beamed, smiling.

Again, that smile...

I accepted his hand and let us dance. Just the two of us, inside this retro cinema. I started to enjoy the moment as our heels clicked with the maroon carpeted floor. I watched as his hair swayed and bounce more in every move and beat.

He held my fingers, spun me around; my dress swirled gracefully in my move. I smiled cheerfully at Radleigh, the tears on my cheeks dried. His almond eyes squinted, the shape of his lips reflecting the crescent moon.

"You alright now?" He asked, letting go of my hand. The warmth of where his hands had been still tingled my skin softly.

I nodded, my lips were stretched into a small smile.

For a brief moment, I felt warm. Solid and safe.