Fight

~*~

Sharon wiped the last remnants of her tears when we heard a soft sound of screeching tires, followed by a blaring horn outside her house.

"Maybe it's Anthony," She gave my hand a last soft squeeze and smiled at me. "Come with me, I'll introduce you to him,"

Sharon walked to the front door with me following her closely.

Stars were now twinkling against the night sky, with the moon like a bright silver coin. Streets were now lit by the lamppost but a familiar car caught my attention.

Radleigh went out from the driver seat, with half-empty bottle of liquor in his hand.

"Radleigh," Sharon and I whispered in unison. We gazed at each other, confused. We thought it was already Anthony. What was Radleigh doing in here. . . drunk?

"Sharon," Radleigh called in a hoarse and weak voice, struggling to keep his balance while going near us.

I was alaramed. I know Radleigh but he is drunk and I don't know what he might do to Sharon.

"Go inside, Sharon," I bit my lip. "I'll deal with this drunk man,"

Sharon wrinkled her brow. "No, I'll talk to him, Lotus," She breathed. "Just—just stay. Please,"

"But—"

"Sharon, please." Radleigh cut me off, as his chin starting to tremble. "Talk to me,"

Radleigh seemed a new Radleigh to me. Something about him spoke very loudly. It wasn't his mouth. It was his eyes, they screamed emotions.

Sharon gave me a final look then nodded at me. I just gave her a worried expression.

"Radleigh, you are drunk. We will talk if you are sober," She said softly. "I will tell you everything. You deserve my explanations,"

Radleigh held Sharon in her arms then stared at her with his hoody and tired eyes. He shook his head terribly, as his tears started to form. It broke my heart.

"I don't believe anything you said," His lips and chin were trembling. "I can't believe it,"

Sharon shove his arms away. "Go home, please,"

"I'll be okay, is that what you want me to say?" He dropped the bottle in his hands, making a loud shattering noise. I jolted in fear and stumbled near them, but Sharon looked at me with her soft eyes, telling me to stop on my tracks.

"Well, Sharon, I am not okay!" He yelped in frustration. His eyes were puffy and bloodshot in pool of fresh tears. We just stood firmly, as I could see lights down our street coming on as neighbors taken aback to the commotion.

"Radleigh, stop, please. I said we will talk tomorrow," Her voice starting to become impatient, but I felt like her cool was still intact.

"A piece of me died!" He sobbed, as he put his fist on his chest." I just need the pain to go away. But I am forced to deal with what I feel, Sharon!"

Fires of fury and hatred with sadness were smoldering in his glossy gray eyes.

I blinked. I don't wanna see this sad and hurtful scene again. I wanted to turn away, but I can't leave Sharon with the drunk Radleigh.

"Why didn't you choose me? Am I not worthy? That in a short period of time you are with him, you still chose him over me?" He brushed his hair and bit his lips. "Am I that replaceable enough?"

Shraon looked down and shook her head.

"Then why?" He asked weakly. Sharon didn't answer, because I know Radleigh knew already her answer, he just can't seemed to absorb it.

"Just hold me together, tell me you wanted me to stay," Radleigh went near her, lifting Sharon's trembling chin to meet his gaze. "Just tell me you love me again, and I will fight for you up until I am all gone,"

Oh, let go, Radleigh. You are just so much in love that you gave Sharon the power to destroy you.

"Walk away," I wanted to shout it to Radleigh, but it came out a whisper, and no one heard it.