Marry

Dedicated to my cosmetically challenged bestfriend, lockedandloaded , ily mamshie.

~*~

"The Pesto pasta is ready!" I beamed, bringing the tray of my specialty in our small table.

"Wow! It looks mouth watering, Lotus!" Radleigh said excitedly.

I cooked Pesto pasta for our dinner tonight and Sharon baked a red velvet cake where 'Happy 25th, Rad!' was written.

The evening sky was a pitch black sprinkled with stars. A splash of moonlight and some fairy lights swirled around the balusters set the terrace aglow.

Up here from Radleigh's penthouse terrace, the most beautiful view dazzled across my sight. My eyes brightened and twinkled at the myriad of lights that surrounded us. The intermittent burst of color of New York's city lights amused me, like a multicolored firework that sparked across a dark night sky.

Oh, my favorite view in the world.

Sharon took out the match and lit the candle at the middle of Rad's birthday cake.

Out of unison, Sharon and I sang the Happy Birthday song to Radleigh. We clapped our hands as our heads danced in rhythm. Happiness flared in his eyes. His smile is so universal that even new born knows it by heart.

"Make a wish!" I chirped as Radleigh closed his eyes then blew his candle after a second.

"Yey!" I clapped my hand in glee.

"What did you wished for?" Sharon asked.

I frowned at her. "Wishes won't come true if you shared it,"

Radleigh laugh genuinely. "World peace," He spilled.

Our dinner went swiftly. We talked about how our day went—even though we almost spent it altogether—then our conversations went to all different topics.

My gazed went to Asteria, who is just leaning in the balusters as her golden hair swayed lightly because of the night wind. She returned my stares then frowned at me.

Radleigh cleared his throat, calling our attention. Good heavens, this is it!

He stood up and stride beside Sharon, offering his hand. I smiled surreptitiously as Sharon's eyebrow shot upward, clueless at what Radleigh's planning to do.

Without hesitations, Sharon accepted Radleigh's hands. They're now standing face to face, behind them were a gleam of lights of the city, which added a romantic atmosphere around them.

Radleigh looked at me, smiling. He seemed nervous and excited at the same time.

"Sharon, honey, we've been together since our eyes laid at each other," Radleigh started teasingly.

I laughed. Sharon slapped his shoulders. "What 'since our eyes laid at each other'? You are so full of yourself! I even hate you when we first met," She laughed too.

"Alright, fine." He chuckled. "Sharon, we've been together for almost three years and if you'll allow me, let's take this to the next level."

Asteria eerily popped beside. I jumped a little, startled. She seemed fidgety as she bit her lips and pressed together her shaking hands.

"Are you alright?" I asked quietly at Asteria. Her lips parted lightly but she suddenly closed it, as if she wanted to tell me something.

I wanted to ask what's wrong but I was taken aback when Radleigh kneeled slowly in front of Sharon then took the navy blue velvet box. He opened the box and showed Sharon the sapphire ring.

Sharon seemed awed as Radleigh's stormy eyes fixed at her.

"Will you marry me?" He traced. "It will be the most precious birthday gift if you say that sweetest 'Yes',"

I watched them carefully as if they were models for a painting. Everything appeared perfect—they look like art.

But for a split second, something shifted inside my chest that I doesn't know as if I were compelled that everything seemed wrong.

Radleigh proposing? Why does it felt so wrong?