In love

~*~

I cleared my throat and set aside my surprise. Her dewy blue eyes met mine, behind her curled eyelashes. My sick grandmother in my present time, is here in front of me. Lively... younger.

Now I know why I felt like home. The scent of sweet pastries is so familiar; a scent when she used to bake for me when I was a kid.

"N-nice to meet you, Sharon," I tried to sound calm but my voice turned out shaky.

"Nice to meet you too, Lotus," She smiled.

Radleigh kissed her temples. "I forgot something, I'll be back in a minute." He said to Sharon before going out the bakery.

I scanned around the place. A few customers were already seated around the circular table, eating their pastries. Small pastries resting before them, some were half eaten, some with only crumbs remaining.

I am still standing in front of Sharon, awed. I blinked when she asked me, "Do you like something?" Her voice was soft.

I didn't know my young grandmother ran a bakeshop way back in 1950s. All I know is she loves baking, that it's her passion.

"Strawberry Tart, please?" I said. That tart is my all time favorite that she used to bake it for me.

I sat on the nearest chair to me as Sharon serve me my Strawberry Tart.

"Drinks?" She asked, the smile on her lips never fade. "I'll prefer our hot chocolate,"

"Hot chocolate then,"

After a second, a woman in her forties appeared on the door behind the counter. Her red apron were stained by flours.

My great-grandmother.

Our eyes locked then she gave me a sweet smile. I smiled back.

I took a bite of my Strawberry Tart. It's familiar mouth-watering flavor made my heart melted with pleasure.

A strummed of guitar broke the peacefulness of the bakery. There at the entrance, Radleigh was holding a ordinary brown wooden, acoustic guitar. He would twist his fingers in all sorts of odd shapes to form chords around the fretboard.

"Only you can make all this world seem right...Only you can make the darkness bright," Radleigh's heart warming voice spun the room as he gaze intently to Sharon.

He is serenading her with The Platters' Only You.

Sharon let go a small gasp then looked around shyly. Her freckled cheeks turned coral pink.

"Only you and you alone can thrill me like you do...And fill my heart with love for only you," The strumming sound of his guitar had a hypnotic soothing quality that matches his voice. Everyone in the bakery stopped, seemed all caught on what's Radleigh's doing.

Comets and meteors could have hit them, but he wouldn't have cared as his stormy gray eyes sparkled with so much passion. There are hundreds of language in this world, but his eyes speaks it all.

She's the apple of his eyes.

For this moment, she's all that matter to him.

He is so much smitten to my young grandmother.

He is so much in love.