Killed

~*~

Asteria did all of this because she felt guilty not granting Radleigh's wish about his mother, and in exchange, she wanted to save Radleigh in his misery.

I can't believe I was a fool. Too fool to believe Asteria. I became her puppet to free her guilt to Radleigh. And that was my role, I was that aid Radleigh needed to not commit suicide, but he still did.

I don't know what to say, she made me attach into something I shouldn't. She made me part of this world, where I shouldn't be. And because of that, It made me really sad to witness a friend's death.

My life won't be the same anymore. When I go back home, I think I won't see anything normal now. I don't want to forget moments or anyone in this time, but sooner, I will. After all of this, when I get home, I won't remember a single thing happened to me in here.

I hope everything will still go fine.

My emotions were all mixing up: anger, sadness, pity. Angry to what Asteria did to me, sad because of Radleigh's death and I pity myself for being a fool.

Today was Radleigh's funeral, and the sun shouldn't be shining like that. It shone brilliantly and the virescent color of the spring day under its glare was offensively bright and cheerful.

Everything should be grey and foggy as our emotions, it should be cold and damp with silent air. But the birds still sang and the flowers still bloomed. We sat in the churchyard in silent grief and awaited the start of funeral service.

Sharon and I greeted Radleigh's and Cecilia's family, telling our sympathies.

"Radleigh left, but he left something that will make me remember him," Cecilia said. We sat beside her with Radleigh's parents and her's.

"He did?" Sharon asked. "What is it?"

The priest had come, and now starting to prepare for the funeral mass. I feel bruised inside as we all gather at Radleigh's interment, all mourning and grieving to his loss.

Cecilia's eyes were puffy red, but for a split second, a hint of happiness passed through it.

"I just went to the doctor this morning, and she said I was pregnant," She smiled weakly, holding her belly.

I gasped inaudibly. "I-Is Radleigh the father?"

Cecilia tucked some curly hair behind her ear, as she nodded.

"Oh, that's really a good news, Cecilia!" I felt happy for her, carrying Radleigh's child.

That happiness in her eyes dissipated like a smoke. She looked down in her belly. "B-but how can I manage this all alone now?" She muffled.

Sharon and I held her hand, squeezing it softly. "Don't worry. Your parents are there, also Radleigh's," I said.

"Oh, smile, Cecilia. There's a reason now to be happy, and Radleigh's now on good hands," Sharon smiled at her. "Celebrate new life, not death,"

Everything was settled now, before the funeral rites starts. The priest was about to speak when police officers broke in.

"We're sorry for disturbing Mr. Radleigh Thompson's interment," One of the officers said, voice low and husky.

All of us turned our head towards them, as our eyebrows squished together. Sharon and I looked at each other, clueless. Is there something a problem?

Mr. Thompson, Radleigh's father, stood up. "What's the matter, Sir?" He asked one of the police.

The police gestured Mr. Thompson to talk, but more privately. We got all tensed up, stand by for a moment, looking at Radleigh's coffin in the middle.

When I blinked, my eyes averted to Radleigh's brother, Charles. He was fidgeting, seemed really tense. He was two year younger to Radleigh, and he was the one who should manage their company in the future because Radleigh doesn't want it. But I don't know what happened that it ended up Radleigh doing a arranged marriage.

"Officer!" Mr. Thompson called, as police officers walk towards us.

We all gasped at the next scene we are witnessing. I was stunned and confused at the same time. The police showing a warrant of arrest then in a blink, they're putting handcuffs to Charles, arresting him.

What was happening? And they chose to do this at this kind of time? How insensitive!

"Mr. Charles Thompson, you are under arrest for murder—you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." The police said firmly and authoritative, while Charles was just looking down.

I let go a silent curse. Radleigh's brother was a murderer? Whom did he murdered?

"H-how come this happened?" Mr. Thompson asked, his voice were trembling.

Paparazzi from the distant view were starting to be in chaos. Such a scene to take a photo of—Police officers barging in the funeral, Charles in handcuffs and Mr. Thompson looking so confuse.

"There was a witness, Mr. Thompson. And your son's alibi doesn't match. He was a murderer. He killed your other son by shooting him,"