Chapter 5

Waves upon waves of a never-ending violet sea with a hue so delicate it fused into the sky above. The soft rustling sound of the lavender seemed to echo across the field as my legs brushed against them, swaying gaily to their own whispers.

The rhythm came to a sudden end as a gust of screeching noises shattered the whispers and slammed against me fiercely, violet petals fluttering away.

I gasped for breath as the wind had me wrung and helpless. Then I saw a haze of light in the distance and my eyes widened in horror.

Dead.

Died.

Die.

"Don't die!"

"She won't die."

"But she's not moving."

Silence.

"Don't poke my sister, you fool!"

"I'm checking!"

Groaning, my eyes fluttered opened and stared at the ceiling. God, my head felt so heavy.

Since it was too painful to sit up, I picked a pillow and shoved it at the two bickering men who had each other's collars in their grips.

"Someone get me some water.." I croaked to the stunned men.

It took me a while to comprehend what the two just informed me of.

"Who did you just say brought me home?"

"Jungkook!" repeated J-hope in frustration.

"Are you still drunk?" Taehyung raised three fingers in front of my face "How many fingers am I holding up?"

As if suddenly reminded of something, J-hope turned to me, furious. His nostrils were flared and his face was slowly turning red.

"You!" he erupted. "Your breath reeked of alcohol when he got you here! What were you doing back at the king's castle?!"

"Oh my God! King Jin!" I gasped. Did he see me in the state I was in?

"Don't avoid my question, missy!" J-hope snapped. "And how the hell did you end up with Jung-"

"I don't remember!" I snapped back. "Last thing I remember is falling down in the middle of the street when it rained and a man helping me up."

"It must have been Jungkook," Taehyung finally spoke.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I tried to remember last night's event, but all that came to me was a faded voice. I can't just leave you here.

"But he spoke," I whispered to myself.

Unsure if he was going to let me in, I knocked hesitatingly on Jungkook's front door. I haven't even known him for a week, and yet he had gotten himself tangled in my mess. Twice.

I'd forgotten that I'd already knocked, and got startled when the door creaked open revealing an expressionless Jungkook standing tall in the doorway.

"Good afternoon." I said sheepishly and held up the basket in my hands full of pastries.

He didn't even look at the basket. He only made way for me to enter and closed the door after me.

Clearing my throat, I tried to recall the speech I had prepared, but my tongue got all twisted and I ended up blurting everything all at once.

"Um, thank you very much for helping." I started as he watched me expectantly. "Twice. I don't know what had gotten into me last night, so I apologize for any inconvenience I must have caused you. Only, I remember talking to you that night. More like, replying to something you'd asked."