Chapter Nineteen

Jungkook doesn't like it.

Jungkook doesn't like it all.

Why is she making that face at me? I thought. Like she's going to cry any minute now.

It's making Jungkook uncomfortable... And why isn't Jimin saying anything? Why isn't anyone saying anything?

I tried diverting my gaze away from the girl and instead, busied myself with kicking the dirt at my feet.

"Jungkook?" Jimin called my name and quirked an eyebrow at the two people standing with the front door opened. "Won't you great them back?"

Jungkook hates it when he does that. Jungkook is not a kid anymore.

I simply nodded my head and dared to look back into Lara's eyes. She looked disappointed, like I'd just failed to grant her most desired wish. While her brother watched this awkward exchange confusedly by her side, Lara's expression at the sight of us started with surprise then slowly changed to distress as her eyes remained glued on me.

Jungkook feels like he had just missed something.

"Uh- well, why don't you come in already?" J-hope chuckled uneasily and made way for us to enter.

We followed the two into the house that wasn't all unfamiliar to me. It felt like yesterday when I'd woken up in this house to a crowd of anxious people staring at my unconscious body. Unexpectedly, their company had been a pleasant one. But now, the nervous eyes of a certain member of that crowd made me grow slightly self-conscious. Something was off about Lara today.

"Would you two like some breakfast?" A girl who was curiously watching us from the kitchen counter asked.

"That would be great, Sunji," Jimin replied, smiling charmingly.

"It's Eunji." The look on her face was enough to hint at her unpleasant sentiments towards my rakish brother.

Figuring that to retreat was the best choice, Jimin edged his way to Lara's side. A person who I believe he's on slightly better terms with. I thought that at least I must be polite enough to offer some help so I went to pass J-hope some plates as he busied himself with the omelets. He and the girl named Eunji were busy preparing breakfast and at that sight I remembered I haven't had anything to eat since last afternoon. The intoxicating smell of the sizzling eggs and boiling coffee was enough to wake up the growlers in my stomach. Meanwhile, I caught Jimin nudge Lara in her side, a move that resulted in the girl almost jumping out of her skin. She was growing paler than she already was as they spoke in a hushed voice. The only thing I was able to make out as he spoke, was my name.

Jungkook is trying his best not to toss a plate in the middle of that jerk's forehead.

***

"How about you loosen up a notch? Act normally, Lara!" Jimin urged with a hushed voice by my side.

"I don't even know how to act anymore!" I replied frantically. "What if he knows that I know and starts avoiding me?"

That night we'd spent playing the piano and singing along was one of the best moments of my life. I'd felt so proud that Jungkook had finally opened up to me and felt at ease enough to share his hidden talent with me. We shared our love for music and the sensational harmony we created as we tapped the keys was magical. The thought of losing a friend like him was awful enough to make me regret ever finding out about his...condition. I had no idea how to be around him anymore. Were the noises and chaos we created around him last time disturbing to him? Did he hate the fact that we'd tried several times to get him to speak despite him not wanting to?