Chapter Twenty Five

Nothing could have prepared me for what happened at that moment.

Actually, several occasions could have built up this final incident, but I have to admit that I had hoped that not everything was what it seemed.

"Suga." I watched his eyes earnestly for any clues that could prove what I hoped was true. "You're here."

But his face remained stoic as he stood by the cave's entrance, one arm stretched forward, controlling the energy holding our feet to the ground. He must have a plan. He must have let Namjoon and his minion walk freely so that he can handle them on his own. There was no way he would pick now of all times to turn on us.

The old man walked to Suga's side a little too confidently for my liking. He then smacked the Suga's back jovially but recoiled when he was shot a dark glare.

"W-what took you so long!" The old man stammered, Suga's unearthly powers putting him on edge.

"Well," Namjoon laughed incredulously, his bloody lip not stopping him from throwing us a smirk. "If that isn't an interesting turn of events!"

His minion gloated proudly, "I found him on the way, your Majesty. Said we could help each other a bit if--"

"I get the girl," Suga cut him off.

"And you shall, my friend!" Namjoon replied. "Once we're done with our little play. But may I know what is it your desire her for?"

"She possesses something I wish to acquire." Suga's eyes finally met mine, and the last shred of hope disappeared into the darkness of the cave.

I finally turned to find the face of Taehyung, whom I had wished to prove his preconceptions about Suga, wrong. He was clearly regretting every moment he had believed my words on him. And I hated for Jimin to have gotten himself into this mess when he had nothing to do with it. None of them should have gotten involved in the first place.

"Suga, please." I attempt once more, despite him refusing to meet my eyes now.

"Oh Suga, Suga, Suga!" Namjoon exclaimed in frustration. "Don't you get it?! It's over. This... thing is no longer on your side, and your silly friends better go home or they're all dead."

He spat the last word out as one of his arms snaked its way around my waist and he pulled me towards him.

"Farewell then, gentlemen." He smiled smugly at Taehyung and Jimin.

I still could not move a muscle in my body and was dragged by him towards the cave's exit, Taehyung and Jimin still hammered down to their spots. I wasn't about to quibble the conditions of their safety. I was relieved that we would be leaving maximum distance between us and those two--it would at least guarantee their lives--but I was also terrified to my bones. Namjoon and his men were already nasty enough, and from what I've seen of Suga's power abilities, there's no way out now. With that thought in mind, my shoulders slumped and I let myself get carried away with resignation. Namjoon's minions tagged along and Suga followed. Until Namjoon halted on his feet and turned back with a spiteful look on his face.

"Oh, I'm so changeable." He shrugged with a sheepish, lopsided smile on his face. "It is a weakness in me, but to be fair to myself, it is my only weakness. You can't be allowed to live." At that his face turned dead serious, looking straight into Taehyung's blazing eyes. "You just can't. You would just keep coming back over, and over, and over again."

Sensing Taehyung's fury he chose to only pour oil on the fire and pulled my head close enough to rest his cheek in my hair. "I would try to convince you, but everything I have to say has already crossed your mind."