Epilogue

Author's note,

I've mumbled to myself, giggled like a fool every now and then, even shed a tear without knowing. This story is my first and my starting point. A piece of me that I can't believe has finally come to an end. Please look upon it with kindness as I'm a fool who gets attached to anything that makes me soft with emotions.

Those who have accompanied me on this long journey and showed their most appreciated support, thank you. It's because of your words and patience that I've actually got to the end of this. And I am content. A very special thanks to Julia. You were a companion that made this journey extra special. You're also the best beta-reader out there.

I pray for the day I pick up enough will to start a new journey. Sigh. After writing the last couple of chapters, I could barely hold myself from jumping to another story starring Suga, Jin, Jimin or Jungkook. Even RM. But I might as well pop back up with a different story. Sigh. If anyone of you has gone this far and read this fool's sappy blabbers, let me know what you think I should go ahead with.

And now, shall we bid this one our farewells on a light note with this epilogue?

PS. I'll always look forward to your constructive and touching comments.

Much, much later.

Eunbyul and Hobari dropped to the ground and crawled on their bellies beneath the thick bushes edging the backyard borders. Their tiny figures had formed a vague hole in the plant that has become their secret hideaway. It was a spot Hani could never figure out. She and Hobari were ten, older than Eunbyul by three years. But it was Eunbyul that discovered this hiding spot. She was always better at games than her cousins. Craftier too. Maybe because it was because she was better at running. Or maybe because she was better than Hani at making paper swans. Either way, I really like watching Eunbyul play in their backyard. She always found the best smelling flowers.

Just like the porcelain dolls that sat on her bedroom shelves, Eunbyul's dark, silky hair fell over her shoulders, grazing her pale arms whenever she twirled in her new skirts or ran through the fields under the rain. It was quite troublesome when she chose to go out in the rain. I can't handle rain really well. But it was also on a rainy day that Eunbyul noticed me for the first time. Thanks to her shawl, it was the first time I could really enjoy the smell of wet grass. Since that day, it has been two years and everytime Eunbyul notices me, she would smile and wave. Eunbyul is by far my favorite human.

One day, when I slipped beneath Eunbyul's bedroom window, the one she always left slightly ajar for me, I saw that she had a visitor. I immediately slipped behind the window curtains, waiting for her to leave, and only when I heard the click of the door closing did I peek through.

"It's alright." Eunbyul walked up to me with an outstretched hand. "Mother won't hurt you."

When I looked up, I was startled to see the woman still standing by the door, one of her hands covering her mouth.

"Look, mother!" When I touched Eunbyul's hand, she turned to face her mother excitedly. "This always happens when I hold it."

I cautiously watched the woman walk towards us. Her steps were hesitant and it almost felt like she was more afraid of the encounter than I was. That was reassuring.

"Oh, Byul," she spoke. Her voice was really low, unlike Eunbyul's usual jubilant vocals. Once she was standing next to her daughter, she knelt down on her knees until we were all on the same eye level.

Slowly, her hand slipped away from her mouth and behind it was a soft smile--that of finding a long lost friend--a smile that was accompanied by little droplets in her eyes. Those eyes that were very much like Eunbyul's bright ones. Like the rain, two drops slid across her cheeks. I never knew humans could make water come out of their eyes.

The two girls' were entranced by the ethereal creature before them. Their faces shone a beautiful rosy flush of delight beneath the soft, blue glow.

Some refer to me as Butterfly. When I let Eunbyul touch me for the first time she said, "You're Glowing Blue!" It was quite a tiresome name for me to remember so when she kept calling me Blue, I liked that one best. But that night, someone called me with another name. One that felt like a name belonging to an old friend I had no memory of. A name that Eunbyul's mother continued to call me from that night onwards.

"Hello there,Suga."

Comment, vote and share~♡