Chapter 18: Can You Trust Me?

•Eunjin's POV•

"About Jungkook–" Jimin uttered and turned to me, "what do you think about him?"

I tilted my head.

"He's nice and funny–I don't trust him though, at least not fully." I responded.

"Oh," Jimin nodded slowly, a small smile creeping up on his face, "okay then."

"Why do you want to know what I think about him?" I asked.

"Well–uh, since he's my friend, I want to know if you're comfortable around him. I don't want you feeling uncomfortable around people who're living under the same roof as you." He chuckled but nervously...?

Wait–I read this in a book before, something about signs of jealousy.

"Mhm," I nodded my head slowly, not fully believe his reason, "I still trust you more than him though."

He beamed a wide smile at me at my response.

"Jimin, are you jealous?"

He suddenly had a shocked expression plastered on his face, his cheeks were turning bright red.

"W-what!? Me, jealous? Of course not! W-why would I be j-jealous?" He spluttered out, speaking quickly.

Cheeks are red, he's flustered and quick talking of speech–that's exactly the signs of jealousy according to my psychology book.

I guess it's only natural for him to deny his jealousy according to the book. It still doesn't make sense— why hide your jealousy when you can just be direct?

I rose up from my bed and walking towards to Jimin, only to turn my back to him.

"Uhh.." I heard Jimin stutter behind me.

"Trust fall," I responded as I spread my arms to the side, "I failed the last time but that's because I didn't trust you, now that I trust you, I guarantee that we will succeed with a probability of 89%"

"What happened to the other 11%?" He asked.

"The other 11% is that you turn out to be a bad guy and take advantage of my trust then probably threaten me to either give you money or sell me to an auction place." I replied casually.

"WHAT!? I'd never do that!"

"That's why we have that 11%," I huffed out, "now are you gonna catch me or not?"

"A-ah! Okay–uhm, on 3," He uttered, "1...2...3!"

I let myself fall backwards as my arms were crossed in front of my chest, shutting my eyes tightly in case of a big impact.

However, the only impact I felt was two muscular arms catching my petite body before I touched the ground.

I opened my eyes to see Jimin's face in front of mine, his face was upside down from my perspective though.

"Did we succeed?" I asked as I gazed at his eyes.

He gave me an eye smile and nodded his head.

"Yep! Turns out, I wasn't a bad guy." Jimin stuck out his tongue at me.

I beamed a smile back at him, laughing softly.

"Can we...uhh, stay like this for a while?" Jimin stuttered, gulping after.

"No, my neck hurts just from looking up at you like this." I replied.

"N-never mind..."

I straightened myself with the help of Jimin and let out a yawn.