Chapter 33: Improbity

•Eunjin's POV•

I plopped backwards on my bed, letting out a deep sigh.

A lot has happened this past week.

First my dad gets kidnapped. Second, I learned that I had a fiancee who called off the marriage between us because he didn't want to make me comfortable. Third, I reunited with my Uncle Yongwoo. Lastly, I learned about my missing twin sister who has come back after 14 years.

Can't I just go back to my peaceful life on the beach? Taking pictures and playing catch with Mickey?

"Eunjin!!" I heard a bark, and the robotic voice.

Speaking of Mickey...

I sat up and turned to the German Shepered, "Yes Mickey?"

"Thank god! I keep on mistaking your twin sister for you!" She barked and crawled onto my lap, "Speaking of your twin sister, you know that you can't hide from her forever."

"I know, Mickey but she's a human and a stranger to me! I forgot all my memories with her so it makes it much more difficult for me to approach her." I answered as I started petting Mickey.

"You should at least try, she's your sister and besides, didn't you always have a soft spot for girls since they never really did anything harmful towards you?"

"I did but girls are still as humane as boys..." I mumbled.

"Okay but she looks like you! Doesn't that at least help a bit?"

"It doesn't actually, it just makes the matter worse whenever I look at her and she looks just like my reflection. And you know how I feel about seeing my reflection."

"Oh yeah, you would always want to punch your reflection. And that's why we don't have any mirrors in the house."

I nodded at Mickey's statement.

Suddenly, a knock resonated through the door.

"Eunjin, can I come in?" The voice behind the door asked.

I could recognize that voice anywhere.

"Sure!" I exclaimed before watching Jimin enter my room, shutting the door behind him after.

"What are you doing here? I was trying to bond with my master!" Mickey barked ferociously.

"Woah, woah, calm down, I just want to bond with her first. You've bonded with her for 12 years so stop complaining!" Jimin yelled in defense

"Fine." Mickey huffed.

"So..." He trailed off before sitting beside me, "You have a twin sister who was erased from your memories and the traumatizing moment you had when you were 8 was staged by your parents, how do you feel about all this?"

"Honestly, I don't know," I sighed as I fiddled with my thumbs, "When my mother first told me about the staging of the kidnapping, I wanted to be mad at her, I wanted to be furious and yell at her...but I couldn't. I couldn't because it felt wrong and I couldn't bring myself to be mad at her. I told her I forgave her but I actually don't."

"Well, you never had trouble expressing your anger towards me so what makes it different with your mother?" He tilted his head.

"Maybe it's because I never got mad at her. I was raised to respect my mother and my father at all times. The only time I yelled at them was in fear, and it was when I was telling them that I despised humans." I responded.