Chapter 40: 잘 가요

•Eunjin's POV•

"Remember when I told you that you didn't say anything weird last night? Well, I...I lied." I uttered and fiddled with my hands.

Jimin tilted his confusion before letting out a gasp, "W-what did I say?!"

"When I came into your room to give you some water, you thought I was Mina and you talked about how you felt...towards me."

Jimin groaned and ran a hand through his hair, "I was drunk that night, you don't have to believe everything I said th—"

I shook my head and interrupted, "It's okay. I thought hard about what you told me."

He gulped and rested both of his arms on his thighs, "And...?"

"I really appreciate what you feel for me. I was mad at myself at how oblivious I was that I couldn't even notice your feelings. I might have even hurt them in the process because of my naivety. But honestly, I...I doubt your feelings towards me."

"What? No, I swear that my feelings are—"

I gave him a look which shushed him before continuing, "I doubted your feelings towards me as for the past weeks, you mostly spent time with me and no one else. You rarely spent time with your friends. So I thought, 'what if Jimin only likes me because I'm the one around him all the time'. This is what I worried about." I turned to Jimin and looked for a reply but he just opened his mouth and closed it again as if he knew I was right.

"And my feelings for you...are unclear. I admit that there were times when I felt safe around you, when I cherished your presence and when you made my heart beat so fast by saying or doing simple things. However, as a person who used to be scared of humans—I don't think I'm ready to accept such feelings yet. These feelings are so new to me that they confuse me. I don't know how I really feel towards you. As much as I want to return your feelings, I can't. Because I'm not ready. For now, we can keep our friendship."

A heavy silence fell upon us for the second time today. There was no talking. Just sighing and shifting in our seats.

I gulped before speaking up once again, "If...", At the sound of my voice—Jimin abruptly turned his head towards me.

"If we still have these feelings towards each other after two years then...we can accept each other's feelings and possibly be more than friends."

I glanced at Jimin who beamed me a small smile and a nod. He held his hand out, "You're keeping that promise, right?"

I flashed him back a smile and shook his hand, "Of course!"

"We should probably head home now. It's getting dark." He uttered as he stared up into the sky.

I nodded and glanced at his hand, debating whether I should hold it or not. Before I could decide, I felt Jimin's warm hand grasp mine.

I turned to him with a blush and he responded, "Let's just do this for one last time then—since it's a date."

Chuckling, I grasped his hand tighter and walked back to the car with him.

"Aw, noona is leaving already?" Jungkook whined as he helped me drag my luggage out the door

I had told Jimin that I needed to come home since I was mostly over my phobia. I wasn't completely over it though as I still felt nervous around big crowds but I had mentioned that my sister, Hyejin and my uncle, Yongwoo could help with that.

Jimin and I had agreed on visiting each other once a week at least, as we were still friends of course.

"We're gonna miss you, Eunjin!" Jin yelled and made a big heart with his arms over his head.

"We really hope that Jimin didn't cause you much trouble." Namjoon uttered as he ruffled Jimin's hair.

"It felt as if you just arrived yesterday." Yoongi hummed and patted my head.

"I'm going to miss you so much!" Taehyung exclaimed as him and Hoseok ran over to engulf me in a tight hug.

"I'm going to miss you guys too." I squeaked through the tight hug.

Jimin pulled Hoseok and Taehyung off me and exclaimed, "You guys are going to suffocate her!"

"I'm alright." I chuckled before turning to Jimin, "Thank you for everything again. I owe you a lot."

He flashed me a grin and rubbed his nape, "It was nothing...I didn't do that much."

"You did a lot for me!" I exclaimed, letting out a sigh before wrapping my arms around his neck, "I'm going to miss you."

He gasped at my sudden action, letting out a small laugh before wrapping his arms around my waist, "I'm going to miss you too."

"Okay, lovebirds—"

"We're not lovebirds!" Jimin and I exclaimed at the same time before turning to each other and bursting out in laughter.

"Well for a pair of friends, you both look more than that," Jin stated as he crossed his arms.

"We'll see about that after 2 years." Jimin turned to me and gave me a wink.

I let out my last sigh, before waving at the seven of them and walking out the door, "See you after a week!"

"SEE YOU EUNJIN!" They yelled in unison.

I chuckled as I shut the door behind me and walked over to the black car, putting my luggage in the trunk before hopping in.

"Good evening Ms. Yuk." The chauffeur greeted.

"Good evening Mr. Kim." I smiled before putting on my seatbelt.

I wonder, what'll happen after 2 years?

Will Jimin and I stay as friends or become more?

I shrugged.

Who knows?

THE END

or is it?