Chapter 11 : Enter, The Beginning

One thing I knew for sure was that something was about to happen. Something was bound to happen.

And whatever it was, it was going to happen soon. I felt it.

I didn't mention my dream to Jake. Although I was absolutely curious about everything that had happened last night. That is, after I had fallen asleep in Jake's bed.
Well, we were alone and Jake was a boy.
Even though I had originally gone with him to explore my curse, we ended up doing nothing but taking small naps. Which, of course, frustrated me very much.

So after I woke Jake up, he had dropped me at school, against his own will though, but I had insisted hard enough for him to give in. It had stopped raining then.
And as predictable as ever, I was completely unnoticed once again, when I had set foot inside school grounds.

Today morning, everything seemed unusually calm. Maybe because I didn't have to run away from Jake anymore. Ever since he had entered my life, at least at school, everything had become different. Different in a tormenting way though.

Every time, I'd approach my locker, he'd be there. Standing in an erotic way, staring at his phone in one hand and taking small sips from the cup of coffee in the other. And then he'd see me and flash his usual smile.

'Why do you always have to be here?' I said, when the same thing happened today.
'I just do.' He shrugged.
'Well, don't.'
'I thought we were on good terms now.'
I stopped putting books in my bag and turned to look at him,
'Hey, I'm pretty sure everything I've ever said until now literally means that we can never be friends.' My voice was low but fierce, 'I'm just talking to you and allowing you to be around me. That's it.'
Yup, I certainly would not stop keeping up my rude front.

Though Jake's expression did not change,
'We can be friends once I can bring you back to reality.'
'You still don't completely believe what I told you, do you?'
'What? No! I didn't mean that.'
'Stop arguing! I know you did.'
'This loud conversation isn't going anywhere, you know?'

He grabbed my hand to stop me from walking away.
I sighed,
'I have to get to class. Let me go, dude.'
'Listen, I believe every single detail of everything that you ever told me.' Said Jake, 'I would never deride you. Plus, I already told you why I want to help you and I've already started taking steps to figure things out.'
I didn't speak.
'So, please. Don't ever say that I don't trust you. I do. And I won't let you down.'

Those were serious words. I don't think any person could ever play with such sentences. The way he said it, his voice was dripping with emotion. Something that I would never allow to get me. His statements were enough to make me realize that he was being honest. But I didn't know if this was going to continue. Or for how long it was going to continue.

'Ok fine, I'm just a bit insecure about this, okay?' I relented.
'I understand, and that's also why I need to be around you.'
I stared at him dully.
Did he just use that as an excuse? I could never penetrate his thoughts.

'So, uh, wanna grab something to eat after school again?' Jake continued as we walked to class. Though we had separate subjects, our classrooms were located in the same corridor.
'In other words, go to a cafe and talk nonsense?'
'No. This time we're not going to waste time. We'll talk only about that curse of yours. Even though, yesterday night . . . . . '
'We didn't.'
'Because we couldn't. You fell asleep, remember?' He said, teasingly.
'Woah, don't forget that you were sound asleep too!'
Suddenly, Jake stopped in his tracks as if he had recollected something. Apparently, that something seemed like it was embarrassing because Jake's cheeks turned red. He bit his lip in a unfamiliar way.

'Hey, what happened?' I questioned.
'No-nothing!' Jake stuttered quickly, 'Class is gonna start.'
Before I could say anything, Jake hurried me towards my classroom, rewarded me with a small smile and rushed away to attend his class.