Chapter 31 : Enter, Confrontation

The feeling was out of the world.

It was yet again something I had never experienced before. It was different. It was breathtaking. It was enthralling.

And I was enchanted.

After that very unexpected, very new moment with Tyler ended, he disappeared without another word. Internally I thought I'd be angry or irritated. But I couldn't help wondering the depths of my mouth and reliving the taste Tyler had left behind. It was sweet. It tasted good.

It was my first ever kiss.

And then I was suddenly disgusted.
And then I was suddenly afraid.
My heart was beating too fast. I couldn't control any feeling inside me.

Stupid, stupid Tyler!!

But I couldn't fret. What was I gonna say to the other three?
Somehow, I managed to stay on my feet and went to work with utter difficulty.
The next day was gonna be horrible. I could already see it coming.

Nevertheless, I had to show up if I wanted a steady grade in English. Meeting up with Zayla, Luke and especially Jake, that morning was disastrously awkward. Trying to remain calm was even harder. Moreover, the strenuous instinct that Tyler wouldn't probably spring out of nowhere any moment was gnawing at my insides. Although, it would be way worse if he did spring out at that point when all of us were assembled at the same spot.

'I think this test's gonna be pretty easy.' Luke said, fingering his hair with one hand and holding up the literature book in the other.
'You're gonna flunk if you talk like that.' Zayla warned.
In my mind, decisions were conflicting. Should I tell them what had happened?
But what would their reactions be like?
And what would, gulp, Jake think?

I eyed them all dubiously.
Jake caught me doing it,
'What's wrong?'
'Oh! Uh, nothing.' I felt stupid.
Jake raised an eyebrow,
'You okay?'

No I'm not.

'Well . . . I am not exactly great-'
'Valerie!'

I think I'll take that back.

I stopped.
Tyler walked up to me as I turned to face him. His brown hair was still brown. His freckles were still kind of visible. His teeth were still crooked. But he still looked pretty.

Tyler was still Tyler.

I could feel the dreadfully heavy stone lift off my shoulders.
'See? I'm still alive.' Tyler winked at me.

'What the heck do you mean?' The way Zayla emphasized her "what", I knew she had realized something.
Tyler just smirked appealingly and turned to me,
'Now I've proved it. So you can do whatever you want.'
'Yeah, what the heck do you mean?' Luke asked this time.
'Proved what?' Jake said, completely indifferent.

'That I'm totally kissable.' Tyler replied instantly.

Zayla's eyes widened. Luke frowned. And Jake gave off vibes that could knock anyone out.
'Didn't you tell them what happened yesterday, Valerie?' Tyler turned to me again.
'Uh. . . . .'
'What didn't you tell us?' Zayla sounded urgent.
Jake did not look at me.

'I don't think it was that important to be told at this moment, when you're all so busy revising. . .' I began.
'What are you talking about?' Luke asked kindly.
'I'm pretty sure it was worth something.' Tyler said.
I suddenly felt the need to strangle Tyler, so he could choke and swallow back his words.