Chapter 18 : Enter, Trance And Unpredictability

Not only can you not make friends, you're breaking the friendship of other people too now?

I woke up in a cold sweat.
Another nightmare added to the record.

I must've mentioned how I don't get any dreams and have only got few nightmares and that one dream, but this one was off the hook scary. The worst part was that Jake was a part of it along with the darn dolls.

I couldn't see his face properly, so I couldn't read his expression but he was looking down and his blonde hair was sloppy. His gaze was on the ground underneath him. But the ground wasn't brown or a dark color. It was ice. Solid, white ice.
And Luke was trapped inside it.

Seconds later, the ice gave way. Everything shattered and a huge blizzard started to blow. It seemed to arise from the huge crack in the ice. Luke and Jake were ripped apart and were thrown against the wind, a huge distance away from each other. I rushed toward them but got blown far away by the wind with a major jerk too. The dolls circled around my head and smiled sickly smiles while chanting,

The blizzard will blow, the wind will take control.
You will rise and get filled with air.
Colors will glow, magic will flow.
Enter the trance if you dare.

And when I tried to rescue the two boys, the dolls laughed and I fell into the crack in the deep ice. Luke and Jake were gone. I kept falling inside the crack.

Not only can you not make friends, you're breaking the friendship of other people too now?

Time stopped and so did everything in my dream. There were black silhouettes with green smirks surrounding me in the dark hole suddenly. Three males and a female.

After that my eyes flew open.

I didn't feel like getting out of bed. I wanted to see more of the nightmare even though I was absolutely horrified. The events of the party had very regrettably made a tiny home in my already hugely messed up mind. I thought it was gonna be the same as it had initially been. But I forgot my youth was never fated to be enjoyed. Parties were just things that I could only roll my eyes at.
Blasting music, vigorous dancing, cups filled to the brim and colored rooms overflowing with teenagers; the scenes replayed in my head. I closed my eyes. But no vision reshaped at the back of my eyelids. I turned impatient and found myself getting up and leaving the next minute.

And very unluckily, Luke never hosted parties on weekends.
I didn't want to meet anyone today but I couldn't miss class. I wondered how Jake, Luke and Zayla were feeling. Yesterday, I couldn't see more of anything as I had left immediately along with Jake. I hadn't argued with him or tried to stop him. It had become quite late and I was gonna leave anyway. I hadn't seen the other two since then.

I didn't hide in the washroom today. I walked directly to my locker and stayed there until students started flooding in and filling the corridors. I occupied myself by reading the assignment I had prepared for history class and rechecked it for mistakes or ink blots. I had barely managed to reach the third paragraph on the first page when that certain guy, after talking with the boys of the popular group of which he was the leader, took his position beside me and rested his back on the locker doors, without looking at me.

'You okay?' I blurted out, impassive as ever.
'Yeah.' His voice seemed normal and I couldn't find any emotion linked to sadness in it, 'Just a bit tired.' Jake didn't say further, instead, relaxed his blonde head sideways on my shoulder. Neither of us spoke for a few seconds. I continued staring at my homework and Jake continued staring at the wall opposite to us. My shoulder started to ache and I budged slightly. Jake instantly removed his head and mumbled an apology.