Chapter 34 : Enter, Forever

A striking pain in my face was the only thing I could feel before I was yanked back by another force.

When my vision was restored I realized my fingers were digging into Tyler's sleeve. And he was completely unscathed whereas some dark liquid trickled down my own cheek.
'Oh shit! Are you alright?!' Someone exclaimed. Jake.
I took deep breaths for the next couple of seconds before I responded,
'Yeah, I think I'm fine now.'
Zayla scoured through her purse quickly to find her handkerchief and dabbed it at my left cheek. The white handkerchief turned deep red.

After registering everything that had happened in less than two seconds, I figured that Tyler would've been killed if it hadn't been for my last minute stupidity. In the process I received a not so major, but major cut on my cheek.
Tyler gulped when the blood finally stopped flowing,
'You saved my life.'

Though my stupidity really had saved his life.

'And the cut is on your cheek. Your face.' Zayla said mysteriously.
'It's just like in the black book!' Luke gasped.
'The difference being that it had happened in the past.'
'History repeats itself, huh?' Jake murmured.
Tyler put his hand on his eyes,
'I am an idiot.' He said.

'No kidding.'
'Absolute idiot.'
'You really are very idiotic.'
Luke, Jake and Zayla commented rapidly.

'Never mind that,' I waved, 'What if whatever happened right now wasn't just the repetition of the past?' I asked suddenly,
'What if-'
'I told you. Your curse does not affect me.' Tyler interrupted.
'You sure-'
'Yes.'
'Then do you think this was the significance of something?'
'I don't know.' He said.
'But it proved a lot of things.' Zayla said.

'Like what?' Luke queried.
'Like, everything we've guessed so far is completely, completely correct.'
The bracelet still clinging to my wrist, glowed a shiny green for the tiniest second. But we all noticed it this time.
'What did I tell you?' I said.
All of us fell silent suddenly.

'Let's get onto the train before it leaves.' I said, breaking the silence.
Being the last stop, the train had waited a few minutes, so we shuffled in, though the four of them showed slight reluctance.
'It's alright guys. I'm fine.' I said.
'Can I still punch him?' Jake asked.
'You don't have to.'
'You could've died.'
'I'll accept any punishment, I don't care. Jake's right.' Tyler said.
'Nobody's punching anyone. Because I can't die!' I said loudly. My voice echoed, causing them to quiet down completely, 'You all know that. And anyway, whatever happened happened without any warning. The platform was completely isolated. Just like this train. So you couldn't blame anything. Or the train drivers.'

The train started to move until it was gliding smoothly into darkness.
'I never expected that to happen, seriously. I'm so sorry.' Tyler said gravely, a moment later.
'Can we not talk about it?' I said.
'The scar is definitely gonna stay for some time. I don't think it'll let us forget.' Zayla reasoned.
Tyler groaned.
'It was like a huge coincidence.' I said.
'Except that it wasn't one.' Luke muttered.
Tyler groaned again.
'Stop that!' Jake snapped.

Our stop arrived quicker than we had anticipated. Our being me and Jake.
The others lived a little further away.
'What about your cars?' I asked before getting off, addressing Jake and Tyler.
Tyler was so downcast he hadn't even noticed my query. When Jake replied that he'll get it back later and shoved Tyler really hard did he lift his head up and utter something like,
'I couldn't care less. . . . '
'Wow, you're really upset.' Zayla said with boredom.
'Man up.' Luke said.
Tyler shrugged,
'I can't get over the fact that . . . . that-'
'Your girlfriend got hurt because of you?' Zayla shot.
I noticed Jake look out the window immediately.