Chapter 32 : Enter, An Official Date

When my senses were restored after I strode away from the hallways and calmed myself down in the library, I realised what I had done.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?

Firstly, I couldn't believe I had said that, with my own mouth and my own lips. Secondly, Tyler was actually completely sincere about it. He was not joking. I was the fool here.

And thirdly and most importantly, why did I have to take my anger out on Jake? Now who knows what he's thinking and what he's gonna do. I felt terribly terribly horrible.
Yet, I didn't have time to fret about it all. I had promised Tyler and I was gonna fulfil it.

Somehow, before I could realize that time was running faster than the fastest bullet train, it was already evening. Darkness had surrounded the world outside the walls of the library and none of the other two students I trusted wholeheartedly had come to meet me. Never mind Jake anymore, because it was obvious that I couldn't expect him. Not after how I behaved.

The night was so lovely. Of all the nights that could've chosen to stay clear and beautiful, it had to be this one. The air around the library was so peaceful, mostly because there was no one around as usual, drowsiness was starting to sting my eyes. Everyone was probably resting at home too. I couldn't think of a way to escape this. I couldn't think of a way to ignore all the unexpected happenings around me. Tyler had suddenly entered my life and built a very strong placement in my mind.

And then I was asleep.

Three males and a female.
Perched on a velvet throne, a boy looked down at me and extended his hand to me. The veil fluttered. His crown slid off. Tyler's face appeared for a moment, and the next moment I tried to reach out to him and touch his face but he slid off the chair and reverted to smoke.

Jake and Luke were standing at a distance. The background was still black. They glanced at me. Surprisingly they both had smiles on their faces. They did not extend their hand. Their smiles changed to mist and they were blown away in the form of swirls.

Lastly, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around.
Zayla beamed at me.
It's okay.
She whispered and looked up. A vast shimmering sky stretched across the ceiling. The clarity of the stars blinding my eyes. The smoothness choking my tears. I glanced at my side.
I was alone.
Tall grass fluttered in the breeze that had started flowing. I spun on my heels to take the whole scenery in.
No dolls.

Only three males and a female. They stood and waved from a distance.

Light streamed in through the tiny open door in the library. I was awake.
I rubbed my eyes, sitting up and realized that the door to my room was open.
Instantly my eyes widened and I jumped out of my bed to see if anyone was around.
No one.
I frowned at the wonder of how my door could've opened. I settled on assuming it was Mr Hudson. But of course, he wasn't around. He had probably gone home.

As I walked down to the cafeteria to fill my grumbling stomach, visions from my dream recollected in my brain.
Another weird dream.

After a long, long time, I returned back to my room and changed into my signature jeans, a plain white top and converse. Pulling my hoodie over my head, I noticed the bracelet on my table.
Might as well put it on.
I walked out the library, past the huge field where few footballers were practicing. They did not even notice me walking past. My pace was speedy and a few seconds later, I was leaning on the wall outside the school gates, a few meters to its right.