s i x

Tears are streaming down my face as I grab my phone and run out of my room.

Where do I go? Scott and Mitch's?

 Nope, if they are in the hotel, they're drunk as hell.

That's not someone I need.

 Avi and Kevin?

 Yes. I'll go to Avi and Kevin's. Kevin can always help in any situation.

I make my way to their room and knock on their door. It's 1 A.M. and they're probably not awake, yet I hear shuffling on the other side of the door, along with a light flicking on. Then, the door handle clicks.

"Kirstie?" Avi answers the door, while Kevin is pausing the TV and sitting up in his bed.

 Avi immediately notices my tears and pulls me in for a hug. I love his bear hugs. Since I'm so short, he kind of just engulfs me. I feel so protected in his hugs, like nothing could harm me. We waddle into his room, still hugging. Kevin just lets us be, as I cry into Avi's shirt, my hands on his chest.

"I'll just.. go hang out with Drunk Scömìche," Kevin mutters, walking out of the room. Avi sits me down on what I assumed to be his bed, considering Kevin was in the other one.

He pulls away from me, and dries my tears with his thumb.

Avis's POV
So at 1 in the morning, I get a knock on my door. It turns out, it's Kirstie. Crying. You think I'd be happy she came to me for comfort, right? Wrong. It's too much to think in a little while, she'll be getting married, and I can't comfort her. Then again, why is she in my room when she has Jeremy?

"Kit, what happened?"

"Jeremy," She managed out.

"What happened to Jeremy?" She wouldn't break up with him, or him her, so what happened?

She starts sobbing even harder.

"He cheated on me!"

"He what?"

"He cheated on me..."

Did I finally have a chance with her?

No, I shouldn't be thinking like that.

I want to go punch Jeremy square in the nose right then and there, but Kirstie needed me. I would just do it next time I see him...

"I'm so sorry, Kirst," I said, sincerely.

"He thought I was cheating, too."

"With who?"

"All of you guys, mainly you."

"What?"

"He thought we were more than friends, and I said that's all we were. Then, he though I was screwing around with Mitch and Scott, and they were just pretending to be gay. Then, he thought it was Kevin," she says between sniffles.

"I'm so sorry, Kirstie, I know you love him."

"Loved."

"Didn't I say that?"

"You said love."

"Sorry. Habit."

"I can't believe m fiancè was cheating on me."

"I can't either. I always thought you two would grow old together." 

And I didn't like that thought.

"Can I stay with you and Kevin?"

"What about Mitch and Scott?"

"They're pretty drunk, I'm sure."

"Yeah..."

I look down at her, and realize we're hugging again. Kirstie's leaning into my chest, and I have my arms around her.

"You can sleep in our room," I say.

"Will Kevin care?"

"You know he won't, Kit"

"What about my bag?"

"I'll get it for you."

"Okay. I can sleep on the floor, or something."

"You're sleeping in my bed. The floor is uncomfoftable."

"You are not sleeping on the floor, Avi," she laughs as she detaches from me.

"Then where do you suggest I sleep?"

"In the bed with me. We're grown adults, don't make it awkward," she teases.

This is not going to end well.

"Okay. I'll go get your bag now."

She hands me her key, and I leave the room. First, I make a stop at Mitch and Scott's, banging on the door. I'm pretty sure they can't hear me over the music, though.

"KEVIN!" I yell.

He comes to the door and answers. As expected, Mitch and Scott are dancing to some very loud music behind him.

"Kirst is sleeping in our room tonight."

"Why?"

"Jeremy cheated on her."

"What?"

"If you go back to our room, she'll probably explain to you."

He heads out, and I go to Jeremy's room. I open it, to see him sitting on his bed on his phone. He immediately stands up at the sight of me.

"Asshole," I say.

"Hello, Avi. Let me guess, you're the side piece?"

"On come on! Kirstin never cheated on you, and you broke her heart! Don't you understand?"

"I didn't even cheat, I was just trying to get her to confess."

"Sure..." I grab her bags and head out the door. Not before I punch him, though. Right in the nose. My hand starts stinging, but I ignore that. I first watch Jeremy clutch as his bloody nose, cussing me out.

Ha.

I head back to our room, and go in.

I walk into Kevin hugging Kirstie, awkwardly staring at me. Kirstie is wrapped in his arms, with her hands to her face. She's crying, again.

'Help'  Kevin mouths to me.

He doesn't know what to do, which is kind of funny. I decide to not comment on that, though.

Kevin releases Kirstie, and I go over to her. 

"Shh, it's okay. Kit, if he cheated on you, he never deserved you. His sorry piece of ass can go back and never find someone as good as you, again."

She cries harder. I just hug her tighter.

"Kirst, its 1:30. Wanna get some sleep?"

She nods, finally done crying. Kirstie goes to her bags that I set down, and digs through her bags.

"Shit," she mutters.

"Did I forget a bag?" I ask. I'd be happy to go back.

"No, you brought all the ones I brought in from the bus. I forgot to grab the bag with my pajamas."

"I can call Esther?"

"No, I don't want to wake her." She was right, Esther was probably asleep by now, knowing her. And, she hates being woken, unless we're sick.

"I can let you use some sweats of mine?"

"Uhm.." her face goes red.

"Don't worry, I don't mind I say, figuring it's because she doesn't want to bother me.

Kirstie's POV
Why do I always get so nervous around Avi?

It's childish. I mean, he's just a friend.

Sigh.

I need to get my thoughts in a row.

Okay, first of all I'm sad. My fiancé broke up with me, and I thought we would die together. He cheated on me!

Alright, I guess I'm more mad than sad. He freaking cheated. I can't believe it, literally.

Then again, I am sad. I can't come home after rehearsals anymore to him goofily playing with the dogs, or cooking. I won't be able to sing with him, or cuddle with him. I won't be able to- no I can't keep thinking like this.

By now, I'm done changing and I head out. I'm wearing Avi's sweatpants, and a t-shirt of his. It's incredibly comfortable, compared to If I had to sleep in a sweater and skinny jeans or jean shorts. My hair is all messy, and I lay down in the bed. Avi lays down, too.

We have our backs facing each other. Kevin's asleep, as well. After half an hour, I turn on my back.

"Avi?" I whisper.

"Kit?"

"I can't sleep."

"Why?"

"My mind is racing."

"Come here."

"What?"

And before I can comprehend what's happening, he's put his arm around me. I turn around so I'm in nuzzled into chest.

My face heats up as he pulls me closer, and my stomach flutters.

Why does he have this affect on me?

6/24/17