e p i l o g u e

A/N I don't know if notifs were working for last chapter so make sure you read that?

I woke up to a terrible stomachache, and noticed from the lack of warmth next to me that Avi wasn't asleep. Or in bed.

I managed to get out of bed without barfing and went downstairs, only to discover he wasn't there.

In the kitchen he left me a note reminding me he had a recording session.

Right.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself considering the first part of my morning routine was breakfast.

But damn, despite my stomachache, eggs sounded really good.

Wait, I don't even like eggs?

Sure enough, after eating my eggs, my stomach was still killing me.

And then I had to rush to the bathroom to barf my guts out.

With that I made a quick trip to Walmart.

---

After two weeks of endless searching on Pinterest, I had decided how to tell Avi. Luckily, Scott and Mitch hadn't invited us to a night out in that two weeks.

I poured Avi a cup of coffee, claiming I wanted tea. I had been doing that for the past two weeks, that or only having a couple sips. 12 ounces, to be exact. I googled it. I also had managed to keep my morning sickness quiet for the past two weeks.

We sat and talked like we did each morning, watching the News or something else equally as boring. We enjoyed each other's company more. I mean, we had been married for two years and we still didn't get tired of each other. That has to be a good sign.

Avi claimed he was done with his coffee and stood up to go to the kitchen, at first I was slightly disappointed but then I heard him drop the cup behind me.

"Kirstin?"

I stood up, smirking, and turned around to him.

"Wh- did- please tell me my coffee beans aren't out to give me a heart attack," he smiles, stepping closer to me.

"They're not," I reply, an equally as big smile on my face as well.

To surprise him, I got a mug and managed to put the words "Baby Kaplan-Maldonado Coming #Soon" on the bottom of the inside. I figured he'd like that.

"No way?!" He shouts, running up and engulfing me in a bear hug.

"Way," I giggle. He leans down to kiss me, short, sweet, and passionate. After me comes my stomach.

"He or she's only .25 inches long. A pea," I say, still giggling.

"My pea."

"Our pea."

"Our pea," he replies, a giant smile still on both of our faces.

"I can't believe I'm going to be a Daddy," he says, taking me in for another tight hug.

---

"Our first ultrasound? Can you believe it? I'm like, an actual father."

"You're a father of eight weeks and you've known for two. Calm down."

"But, Kirst, I'm a Dad!"

"Okay, great."

"Aren't you excited?"

"I am. About our child. Not so much barfing and cravings and tender boobs and back pain. Among other things."

Avi turns in his seat and huffs. He takes a few moments to think before turning to me for more questions.