t w e n t y t h r e e

"Are you okay, babe?" Avi asks me.

"Uh, not really," I mutter.

"What?"

"Remember, I hate flying?"

"Oh yeah, don't worry. It'll be fine."

"What if we crash?"

"We won't."

"We could."

"It's a one in eleven million chance that we crash, and even then we wouldn't die. We're not even going over any major bodies of water."

"But we could die in a fiery crash."

"That we could."

"Avi!"

"Babe, I can hold you the whole way if you'd like." Avi laughs.

"Promise?"

"Yes, love."

"All boarding for Flight 253, all boarding."

"That's us," Avi smiles as we collect our bags.

We board the flight and Avi lets me have the window seat. He knows I enjoy that.

"Gum?" I offer to Avi, and then to the rest of the guys. All of them accept, and we slowly begin to take off. I don't especially love taking off, so I put up the arm rest to grab Avi's hand. He puts his arm around my shoulders, ignoring my request to hold hands.

"You'll be fine," he whispers into my hair. That helps to calm me, and I fall asleep on Avi's chest with his arms around my waist.

Avi's POV

I look at the beautiful sleeping girl in my arms. I remember last time we were on a flight to start off tour, she was still asleep in my arms.

Only this time, I can call her my beautiful girlfriend.

Lucky me. She's way too good for me, anyways. I really scored.

I glance over to Scott and Mitch, who are across the isle from us, with them cuddling as well.

Scott is practically laying down as much as possible in an airplane seat with Mitch leaning against him, and his arms arms are wrapped around Mitch. Scott has his earbuds in, and Mitch contentedly scrolls through his twitter. I think I notice him snap a picture of Kirst and I, but I ignore it.

After about an hour, Kirstie sleepily stirs in my arms.

Damn, she's so cute.

"Babe?"

"Hm?"

"How much longer until we land?"

"Like 3 and a half hours."

"Oh. I didn't sleep for very long."

"No."

Kirstie sits up and leans into my chest instead of laying down. I have one arm around her waist and the other holding her hand.

"Look at Kesther," she mumbles.

I nonchalantly look in their direction and they are full on cuddling while asleep in an airplane. How do they even manage to lay down in the seats, let alone fit two people?

"Okay, they're freaking adorable. You're right."

"Of course I am."

---

"Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. We will now begin descent and will land in Maine in about 12 minutes."

"See, no fiery crash," I say into Kirstie's hair."