𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 {𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙗𝙮 𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙜𝙣𝙚𝙧
❛ ... ❜

Rose meandered out of the store, a bag of groceries swinging in hand as she made her way onto the brightly lit sidewalk, whistling a random tune.

It had been just over a week since she had revealed to the guild her secret, and she hadn't ever felt so free.

"Rose!"

The phoenix slayer looked around herself but noticed nothing, until another cry of her name came. She glanced down and recognised the pink frog onesie-clad figure of the small green Exceed Frosch, otherwise known as Fro.

"Fro!" She greeted, placing her bag on the ground and kneeling to pet the feline's head in greeting. "It's good to see you, but what are you doing all the way in Magnolia? Are Rogue or Lector with you?"

Frosch's eyes began to fill with tears as he suddenly began to bawl, fountains of tears pouring from his eyes.

"No, no!" the girl began to panic, "Please don't cry!"

She awkwardly leant forward and pulled the quivering Exceed into a hug, hoping desperately it would be enough to calm him down. After a few moments of petting his head and cradling him, the Exceed's tears finally stopped as he explained his situation.

"Hm," the girl mused, "so you're lost, huh?"

The Exceed nodded, his head drooping as his back hunched in a display of defeat. "I want to get back to Sabretooth by myself... I always end up lost, but I need to learn how to get back home all on my own."

The dark-haired girl nodded, her garnet red eyes twinkling thoughtfully. "I see," she agreed with a nod. "But you must be hungry. You can't walk all that way on an empty stomach, now can you?"

Frosch tilted his head, whiskers quivering as he hesitantly shook his head. "I am a bit hungry..." he murmured, blinking at the girl with doleful eyes.

"Don't worry!" a small smile turned the corners of the girl's lips up, as she glanced at the sky for a moment, calculating the time. "It's just before noon. My house is just a little way away, so you can come over for some lunch and I'll set you up with a map to the guild. Sound good?"

The green-furred Exceed paused, considering what the girl had suggested. "We're friends, right?" he questioned hesitantly.

A look of confusion crossed over the girl's face, her eyebrows pressing together as she pondered what could have caused the feline to ask the sudden question. "Of course, we are Fro. Good friends."

The expression of doubt cleared away from the Exceed's expression as a happy one took its place. "Alright! I want to go to Rose's home!"

The girl got up from her knees, dusting her skirt off. "Well that's that!" she smiled whilst retrieving the bag from the ground. Her other hand found itself occupied by the small green Exceeds paw as they walked together down the pathway and out of sight.

Rogue peered around the corner at the retreating figures of the two, his sharp red eyes narrowing as he turned back to his companions.

"Rose is actually really nice..." Yukino smiled, having witnessed the tender moment with reverential eyes. "I only got to speak with her a little bit, during the fight with the dragon's, but she seemed like a good person."

The two dragon slayers were silent momentarily before they both agreed in an unusually quiet manner. 

"Let us follow. We must support Frosch every step of the way!" Rogue yelled passionately.