𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙯
❛ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘭, 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘢! ❜

'There's no way Lucy could have lost,' Rose thought to herself as she watched the celestial mage and Natsu in the arena. 'Her spell had activated. Gemini was with her...'

"I'm almost one hundred per cent certain that there was someone on the outside who nullified Lucy's spell," Rose stated. "There had to be. Her spell definitely worked – but something made it disappear before it could hit Flare."

"Yes, it's the only plausible explanation," Erza agreed. The requip mage frowned as she seemed to realise something. "But... we don't have any proof.

Rose groaned and fell backwards in her seat. When she found out she'd be a reserve for the Grand Magic Games team, she thought she'd have some fun – but so far, she hadn't gotten to fight, and her friends had somehow landed themselves in some twisted plot with people who wanted them out of the way for some reason. The previous day was completely unsuccessful with Fairy Tail earning no points, and their best chance at redeeming themselves was through the new competition; Chariots.

One problem.

Their chosen competitor was Natsu.

And since she hadn't found out about it until he appeared in the arena, Rose wasn't able to give him the special motion sickness pills. Erza – the same person who could summon massive swords out of thin air – facepalmed when she noticed the moving platforms.

"We're so screwed," Rose groaned.

"Hey, be positive!" Happy encouraged her.

"Fine." Rose snapped her fingers, sending a miniature shower of sparks up into the air above her. Her voice went startlingly high in a mocking falsetto, earning a few guffaws from Gray. "We're so screwed~!"

It took a few moments for Gray to recover before he spoke. "Seriously, why in the hell did we pick him of all people?"

"Yeah, you'd think the word 'Chariots' would be a clue, even for Natsu." Lucy sighed.

"He was absolutely insistent on participating." Erza crossed her arms over her chest.

"... Maybe he thought he'd get to fight chariot's or something," Rose suggested half-heartedly, falling back into her seat so she could watch the ongoing competition.

Natsu looked as if he would fall over and die at any moment, but he managed to continue walking. In front of him was Gajeel, who looked worse for wear, and Sting.

All of them had motion sickness, so they were trying not to throw up all over themselves.

"Hang in there, Natsu!" Rose hollered, along with a few words of encouragement from Lucy.

Erza made a disgusted noise when she noticed Blue Pegasus' Ichiya.

'Poor Erza.'

"Holy shiz, that Bacchus guy was strong..."

Sting questioned Natsu and Gajeel's reason for being there, at the Grand Magic Games.

"The reason we're here... is for our friends! The ones... who waited for us, through all the years we were gone... Who fought through the pain, and the heartache... they were humiliated... but even so, they stayed strong! And they kept our guild together... We're doing this for all of them! And we're gonna make sure that everyone here knows; the Fairy Tail guild never gave up! Not for an instant! So, there's no way I'm gonna give up now!"