𝐱𝐥𝐯. 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐬

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙮 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙚𝙮
❛ 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳... ❜

A scream rang throughout the dark night, cut off abruptly before its owner could finish. The cry for assistance had originated from a building which towered above the dark forest, malevolent and imposing in both architecture and presence. An insistent ringing shredded through the night, an alarm put in place to warn the occupants of the building of an invasion.

Rose stepped out of the study where the leader of the guild had previously resided, her expression cold and unyielding. The blade in her grasp was coated in crimson, droplets of the substance dribbling onto the floor. She flicked the blade, allowing a scattering of the substance to paint the walls. A trail of the viscous fluid was left in her wake, like ominous footprints announcing her presence.

A trio of mage sprung out of one of the rooms, their weapons raised and spells at the ready. They had recognised her as the intruder the bell had rung to warn them of.

Before they could grow any nearer to her, Rose moved.

A flash of silver, and then one of the mages crumpled to the ground. A puddle of crimson had begun to form beneath his body, the colour resembling that of the scarf around her neck closely. The remaining two mages cried out when they realised their companion had been swiftly deported to the world of the dead.

Another flash. Another body.

The last, a man, regained his senses and roared furiously. He threw himself forward so as to tackle her, eliciting a smirk from the girl.

He had quite literally thrown himself onto her blade – the tip digging through the upper abdomen where his vital organs lay, and emerging on the other side. If he was lucky, he'd die within a few moments. If not, she'd probably have punctured his stomach. His stomach acid would leak into his bloodstream and he'd die a slow, miserable death.

The man convulsed violently, quickly entering his death throes. Rose lingered nearby to make sure he was truly dead before she left.

"You monster..." The man managed to cough, blood speckling the tiles. His dark eyes fixated on her blurry frame, somehow focusing on her eyes despite the pain. "You won't get away with this..."

He finally fell silent, his last words hanging in the air like an ominous cloud above the assassin's head.

"You... deserve to die... in agony..."

An armour-clad male brought his sword up to defend himself, his stance unchanged by the heavy impact of another sword crashing against his. The weapon used to attack him was sent flying through the air. While his opponent was still in shock he ducked into their guard and knocked them out with a hit to the back of the head.

It had been less than ten minutes since he stepped onto the battlefield, but he was already standing in a sea of unconscious bodies. His crimson hair bobbed as he paused to breathe, his hands resting on his knees for a few short moments.

A sharp whistle was what alerted him to an attack from another enemy. The knight was barely able to bring his sword up in time, angling it so that the short sword his opponent was using simply slid off. His eyes widened, almost imperceptibly. The person he was fighting now was clearly different to their predecessors – they were dressed in the garb of an assassin, not a combatant.