𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙤 𝙗𝙮 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙢𝙤
❛ 𝘴𝘰... 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘣𝘣𝘪𝘦𝘴? ❜

"I hate... boats."

Lucy smiled at Rose sympathetically, wincing as the phoenix slayer turned a visible shade of green. It definitely looked unnatural on her, especially since her skin tone didn't visibly change shades very often.

"You'll be fine," Cylene reassured. Rose only grunted. Natsu was lucky – the motion sickness pills actually worked on him. Even after consuming them, Rose felt nauseous. The rocking motion of the boat was only amplified by her senses.

The problem wasn't just her abilities as a phoenix slayer. It was that Rose had been boat sick even as a child. Being a user of slayer magic only enhanced her pre-existing sensitivity to being at sea. Her guildmates made no effort to comfort her, knowing full well that they'd probably end up being kicked into the ocean.

The reason for them being on a boat? The guild master had recommended that they spend the next few months training at a beach. Rose didn't protest until she found out their mode of transport was a boat.

Two torturous hours later, Rose was slowly recovering her energy in the room assigned to the girls. Cylene lay curled up on a futon, oblivious to her companion's state of distress.

There were quite a few members of the guild who weren't part of the team who would be training as well. Team Shadow Gear and Juvia were amongst them. Rose caught sight of the water mage, clutching what looked to be Gray's shirt as she bounced after him happily.

The only one left in the room was Lucy. The others had already begun their intense training regimens.

Lucy looked at the phoenix slayer, beginning to speak hesitantly "Hey, Rose? Do you... want to train together?"

"Huh?" Rose was taken aback.

"B-because, you know, you fight in close quarters and everything! I needed some practice with that..." Lucy twiddled her fingers nervously.

"Oh, uh... sure." Rose pushed herself off of the wall. "Where to?"

"There's a good spot to spar over behind the main building..."

"Alright. Lead the way."

Rose kept pace with Lucy, absent-mindedly admiring the tropical flowers growing nearby. While Rose was comfortable with the silence, Lucy fidgeted nervously.

"So... do you have any hobbies?"

Lucy cursed herself internally. What kind of conversational topic was that? Rose didn't seem like the type to make small talk...

"My hobbies? I never really thought much about them..." Rose shoved her hands into her pockets. "... I like reading, I guess."

"R-really? I love reading!" Lucy's face lit up. "I'm actually writing my own book right now..."

"That's interesting. I'd like to read it someday." Rose came to a stop, glancing around the clearing they had entered. The dense foliage prevented most of the light from entering the area.

Lucy blushed. "T-thanks..."

"So, shall we start?"

"What? Straight away?"

Rose spared a slight smile and moved a few steps ahead of Lucy. "You needed help with close range, right? Do you want to train using magic or without?"